Notices

Thanks everybody

Old 01-13-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody

Hey all- Its about 6 on Sunday...3 more hours will be 4 days without drinking. Thanks for all the words of encouragement and assurals I'm not crazy ( or dying I finally ate some more a bit ago...I'm hungry but have little appetite...if that makes sense.The bad stuff seems to come in waves...I'll get real wierd feeling for a while....then feel better...then strange again....and so on. My stomachs rumbling..I think thats a good sign. I don't count on much sleep tonight, but I'm sort of mentally preparing for the insomnia...thats always a part of it for me. That and the accompanying tiredness....but I never have to do this again, do I? New meds this weekend for depression and anxiety. Thats something I need to closely monitor too. Anyway...thanks again.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 01-13-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Good luck Rob! Four days, that's gotta be getting close to the end of the physical withdrawals, right? Hope the new meds are helping, and that you're able to just relax and hopefully get some sleep anyway.

Keep positive, yo8u are certainly sounding a bit more focused and that's a really good thing.

Take it easy, don't be too hard on yourself, and let each day unfold as it should. Now I'm gonna go take my own advice and play some computer games lol

cheers mate, keep us in mind and let us know how you're doing. I've been thinking about you from Australia, hoping it gets easier for you.

ndz
Old 01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi mate this is my story aswell its a freakin nightmare i am only on day 1 i posted in the alcohol recovery area your story is so like mine good luck mate
Old 01-13-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Way to go Robzoloft . Hang in there... today is almost over and you'll be starting day 4 and onto 5. Right, you never have to do this again as long as you don't drink.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're doing great, Rob.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Originally Posted by Robzoloft View Post
...I'm sort of mentally preparing for the insomnia...
I remember having some really bad dreams there for a while too...
Detoxing From Alcohol

Once your body gets through this TEMPORARY "adjustment/repair period" and back to fully functioning without alcohol, you'll feel better, and life will start to look a whole lot better too. It may take a little effort on your part, but it is soooooo worth it. Simply abstaining from alcohol is only the start, and its all you have to focus on for right now.

You CAN do it! You are not alone!