Notices

sunday check in- hello all

Old 01-13-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sunday check in- hello all

hey all- its 9:50 sunday AM...thats a little over 3 1/2 days without alcohol. i started new depression meds today and its making me fuzzy headed and a little off.....you know, the "zaps" of SSRI's...my mental health and drinking are so intertwined i need to be vigilant re: the meds. I used the chat for the first time last night....I type slow due to cast...always a comment behind...still a little shaky...anxious...trying to focus on today....its gray and really cold today here.....I'm still struggling with the lingering sadness...I hope that gets better
Old 01-13-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Brain zaps are terrible, I had about 8 days of them when I was getting of an SSRI a few months back. They did go away but I hated it. I know that feeling man, completely sucks. I also know the feeling of having mental health problems and being an alcoholic. When I was drinking I was seeing doctors who diagnosed me with some pretty scary mental health disorders, and I was put 8 different meds (all at the same time) to even me out. I was even told at one point I was psychotic. I spent a lot of time in psych wards (where they wouldn't let you leave even if you wanted to).

I guess what I am trying to get out is that I know what you are going through, and it's not fun. I will say that after I stopped drinking a lot of the symptoms and crazy thoughts started to subside. Don't get me wrong, they still pop up every now and then, just not all the time (I've only been sober 46 days) so I am hoping that things will get even better. I don't feel like hurting myself at all anymore, and this alone is enough to justify some changes in my life.

Drinking made most symptoms worse, but I never realized it since I was drunk all of the time.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know that feeling and have gotten past it......OK it took years to get where I am today.... but I did it and made a life for myself ....

Thank you God and AA for getting me this far..................

You can beat this and make it in the program.....Keep coming back......

Hang in there and know that you are not alone..................

Little Penguin
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Rob, way to do on 3.5 days. Sorry you are struggling with sadness give your meds time to help. I've been there it can be tough. I feel so much better now that I have the right dose of my ad's. Hang in there your doing the best thing you can for yourself by staying sober.