Notices

day 11

Old 01-07-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 11

wow.....

day eleven! before that i was about a week sober. i'm getting there. I'm feeling so much better the last few days, except for some cafaine/sugar cravings, mostly around four pm. I can actually remember some things, my vision is a lot sharper and i can focus longer on one task.
My food digestion improved, anxiety is lessened and I wake up so much easier. I started dreaming again about two days ago.
I know this is only the start of my recovery, but so far it's going great.

Still looking for my higher power tough. Can't find much time to meditate but this will come after the addiction is more weakened.

For all other out there, keep on going for there truely is a way out!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mr Clean- It gets even better! I'm on day 39, and the withdrawls I felt (sugar cravings and headaches) are all gone! I sleep great and have more energy than I've had in years. I can't speak to a higher power- I think that is a very personal, individual experience, but I hope you find "it"!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds good Laura. Looking forward for more sober days!

I'm not expecting to truely speak with my higher power. I guess i'm looking more for a life-philosofy that makes me feel confortable (that warm-fuzzy love feeling etc ).
Old 01-07-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mr. Clean my HP today is not the same as he was when I first got sober, the more time I spend in prayer and meditation the closer I draw to him, I continue to seek him, to draw nearer to him. Early in sobriety I had to lean on him a great deal even though I did not really know him, I had to develop faith in him and continue to do so.

Once more: The alcoholic at certain times has no effective mental defense against the first drink. Except in a few cases, neither he nor any other human being can provide such a defense. His defense must come from a Higher Power.
In early sobriety all I needed was the faith that my HP would (And he did) give me the power against that first drink. As I leaned on him more and grew closer to him as I worked the steps I became more and more willing to turn my will over to him for guidance in my daily life, I reached a point in the steps where suddenly my sobriety and life was no longer about me, but about others, I had escaped self and my HP lifted my urge/need/obsession with alcohol.

Just keep in mind that it took a lot of years to turn our back on our HP, and we can not expect to just over night suddenly have an open and intimate relationship with our HP. It is a 2 way street, we need to learn to develop our faith in our HP, this takes time, as long as we are seeking our HP we will be okay.

Yes, we of agnostic temperament have had these thoughts and experiences. Let us make haste to reassure you. We found that as soon as we were able to lay aside prejudice and express even a willingness to believe in a Power greater than ourselves, we commenced to get results, even though it was impossible for any of us to fully define or comprehend that Power, which is God.
Keep in mind that when the word/name "God" is used in the BB it is reference to a Higher Power of "our" understanding and does not mean a Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, or any other understanding of God, but "our" Higher Power of "our" understanding.