Notices

Visit w/ my Dr.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Visit w/ my Dr.

Well - I finally got into to see my Dr. today. He was surprised to see me as I only go in when I'm on my death bed.
I dumped my entire story on him from the day I quit drinking until now. Finally came clean about how much I was drinking, for how long, drinking patterns, etc.
He response was like "wow", all I could say was "I know, I hid it pretty good".

Physically I'm in pretty darn good shape but I'm waiting on the blood work back for liver test, cholesterol, etc.

I had a long chat with him about anxiety, depression, etc. Now if I had kept my original appt last week, I would have been begging for Prozac or something - I was not in a good place last Friday.

This week, I've been doing great emotionally and he doesn't want to put me on anything and doesn't think I need it. He said I seem to be coping just fine and I'm not far enough into sobriety, wants me go a few more weeks and see where I'm at emotionally.
But like others have stated, I can really feel my funk (mild depression, lack of motivation) lifting since I quit drinking. I don't want to be on any Rx drugs anyways, so hopefully I keep feeling better.

I just wanted to get that off my chest - another thing to stop worrying about, another rock off my back.

PS - I started on my '07 taxes today. When I was drinking, I would wait until April 14th and then file for an extension. That's how I know my motivation is returning. :bounce
Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

What good news...

Forward we go...side by side
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Thanks Carol - I was referring to you. Your experience about depression lifting during sobriety gave me a heads up on what to expect.

I can't sing but here you go a song for your willingness to share your ESH.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
where the light is

Excellent, Omega,

Glad everything went well! Now you got me motivated to get a check-up (I feel fine physically but its been years). However, I am still not starting my taxes until the last possible moment.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am pleased my experience was beneficial to you OM
And I have been fortunate to have not needed meds to stabilize.

If I did...I certainly would not hesitate to use them.
As a diabetic ...I take prescribed meds.
A positive way to keep that disease in balance.

Taxes? If one lives below the proverty line ..as I do
You are exempt. Not a recommended solution ..
Old 01-04-2008, 08:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had all the blood work done to. At first the liver test was not normal but after not drinking for a while it did get normal. Just letting you know incase the results are not what you wanted.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm really glad things have checked out good so far. You've really come a long way. Do you ever get tempted?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Tempted?
Today at 3:30 after I left the Dr. office. Again at 5:30, 6:15, 7:00, etc, so I would have to say YES!
I was a happy hour drinker, I've been OK during the week, M-T, but Fridays, forget it. It's my biggest trigger.

I found a Friday AA meeting that I really like, in fact I just got home from my meeting. Once I get there, I'm OK.

Other than that, the random thoughts about drinking are becoming less and less and further apart.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

That's good news, man, and I am glad you're feeling good. It makes such a huge difference, that depression lifting.

I actually thank the AA meetings I've been to for that, the feeling of hope, and the ability to look at each day differently.

Nice one brother!