Notices

I need help! Just started detox onmy own!! From hydro 10's

Old 01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help! Just started detox onmy own!! From hydro 10's

Hi, My name is Staci and Im 36 yr old. Mother of 2! This is my 2nd day in detox on my own!, and I'm going insane! I was taking lortabs for the last 2 yrs, started out just one before bedtime, because my back was hurt, then it went from taking one for each mood i was in to make me feel better. I realized a few nights ago, I cant go on like this anymore, takin a pill just to make me deal with , work, dealing with my kids, dealing with my husband, my whole life, before i dealt with anything I had to pop one! Well this is gonna be my 3rd night, and I hope I can get some sleep Tonight, my legs ache big time! During the day , I'm sooo tired! I cant get motivated! I have the chills too! Can anyone tell me what i can do? All I have taken so far is Ibprofhen How long is this gonna be like this? The most I took a day was 6-10's! That was just in the last 6 mths! Can any one help?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I would say that detoxing is not wise without consulting a Dr. It can be very dangerous to do so.
Everyone is different. So what happens to one may not for the next.
I hope you get medical advice immediately if these withdrawls continue.
I wish you luck and keep us posted.
And welcome.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Okie,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but it will get better.

Have you talked to your dr about what you're doing?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for your advice!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No, I just did this on my own, I read some stuff onthe internet about it! But i can handle the day time, just not the night! I feel like im about to crawl out of my body!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I am sorry you are having such a tough time with the detoxing. I do know that with the help of a doctor it would be much easier. Although there is a lot of information on the internet it is a good idea to remember that not everything that is on the internet is best taken literally.

On a personal note, I did detox on my own, rather by accident from oxycontin and oxycodone. I did not take it for nearly as long as you had. I had only been taking it for 3 months and the detox was miserable. I, just like you, thought that I could get by with just Ibuprofen. At night it felt like jolts of electricity being shot through my body. I could not be still. It was miserable. When I did realize what I was going through I spoke with my doctor and he gave me the nice lecture of never stopping a prescribed med without consulting a physician (rather embarrassing lecture for a nurse to get). But with his help the detox was much easier.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR and I can only echo the others, see a Doc.

Kevin
Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How did the doc help? I dont want to take another prescription to get rid of the first one i took? Do I have much longer with the withdrawals? I dont crave a pill what so ever now, except at night to go to sleep. its my legs? But I know i have gone almost 72 hrs and i dont want to turn back. Thanks for your input!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know I should, but I dont want my family doc to know, she wasnt the one I was getting the pain killers from and I live in a very small town! I have no health Insurance, Im self employed, so Im really gonna try to do this on my own. For the first yr I was just taking them here and there, I could take one or two a week and not again, for a month, but Im a beautican and standing on my feet all day , killed me when i hurt my back again, Then this last yr is when it went from 2 to 3 a day , then that last few months it went from 3 to 6 a day! at first the doc gave me lower dosage then it went to 7.5, then last yr, he moved it to the 10.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i quit last thursday and went to see a doctor he gave me librium 25 mg every 8 hours seems to work after over 20 years of heavy drinking
Old 01-04-2008, 10:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi Okie -

I hope by now you've found the stickies over in the Substance abuse forums and maybe found a couple of answers.

When I came off the painkillers and booze, I remember the joint pain.
It wears off.
It really does.
But the body isn't used to having to cope with pain any more and it acts like it's SCARED of pain. Wierd, but true.
I hope you've contacted the doc by now -
I know it's a weekend and GOOD LUCK finding anyone on the weekend ...

a 'meanwhile' thing -

try some MSM ... the rub-on kind.
It helped me with the connective tissue part of the pain.
And keep yourself moving.
I made the mistake of being a couch potato.
Now I'm paying for it.

Keep posting - we're here to help however we can.