Notices

Sober 3 months & Under Club

Old 01-07-2008, 01:16 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Timetogiveitup, Welcome! I'm Omega, your unofficial alcoholic greeter.
2 days in - it will only get better for you.

This thread is getting overun with Aussies and Canucks but it's OK; I know you all secretly want to be American, :rof

Yep - a lot of love, support and some good natured ribbing in this thread. Gravity, Nodrinking, CurliQ and I have been in this together for over 2 wks now. We started together in the, "less than 2 wks of sobriety" thread. This is our little way of setting milestones for ourselves - the goal now is 3 months.
For me, it's just been nice to be with people in the same boat.

Please drop in and keep us posted on your progress. If you have questions, we may not be able to help you, but we're generally good for a laugh.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Man, every meeting I go to I get that same feeling of companionship, of cameraderie, of hope.

The next thing I have to work on is not getting so down on myself... I still feel like I've done all these awful things in my life (I have), and I know that when I talk to people there that I am an ex-heroin addict, thief, liar, drug dealer and dashing con-man

I also make a mean risotto

I guess what I'm saying is, I am still learning how to describe who I am outside of all my crappy experiences, and even outside of the good ones. I'm afraid of mediocrity, of being boring, of being nothing, or little, or insignificant. I need to get all fight club on myself - "you are not your credit card; you are not your khakis..."

Man, I am so self-absorbed it's not even funny... anyway there were several people at the meeting tonight who inspired me, so that was something that I can take and use. Actually, they all inspired me.

I'm looking forward to not feeling guilty any more, to not feeling ashamed. I feel physically great, and so it's the next step for me. Even though I don't have a sponsor, I feel like I have committed myself wholly to the first three steps. I did that the first day, after 10 years of preparation. The next one's gonna be a doozy though, I can feel it!

btw, you guys all rock. thanks for listening.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:58 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

grateful to be drug free today
Old 01-07-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Rob From Canada eh!!

Get my spot ready

Omega, Gravity, CurliQ

Day 14 tomorrow

I am coming first am,

Mayorob1
Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

NDZ - that was who you were in the past. Now you can be whoever you want to be! The world is yours for the taking.

How you describe yourself: ex-heroin addict, thief, liar, drug dealer

How I describe you: intelligent, great sense of humor, caring, focused

Your right, you do need to stop getting so down on yourself and if you do decide to go all "Fight Club" on yourself, let me know, I wanna watch.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

Originally Posted by nodrinkingzone View Post
Man, every meeting I go to I get that same feeling of companionship, of cameraderie, of hope.

The next thing I have to work on is not getting so down on myself... I still feel like I've done all these awful things in my life (I have), and I know that when I talk to people there that I am an ex-heroin addict, thief, liar, drug dealer and dashing con-man

I also make a mean risotto

I guess what I'm saying is, I am still learning how to describe who I am outside of all my crappy experiences, and even outside of the good ones. I'm afraid of mediocrity, of being boring, of being nothing, or little, or insignificant. I need to get all fight club on myself - "you are not your credit card; you are not your khakis..."

Man, I am so self-absorbed it's not even funny... anyway there were several people at the meeting tonight who inspired me, so that was something that I can take and use. Actually, they all inspired me.

I'm looking forward to not feeling guilty any more, to not feeling ashamed. I feel physically great, and so it's the next step for me. Even though I don't have a sponsor, I feel like I have committed myself wholly to the first three steps. I did that the first day, after 10 years of preparation. The next one's gonna be a doozy though, I can feel it!

btw, you guys all rock. thanks for listening.
We are sick people getting well, not bad people getting good
Old 01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
taking it one day at a time

Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Timetogiveitup, Welcome! I'm Omega, your unofficial alcoholic greeter.
2 days in - it will only get better for you.

This thread is getting overun with Aussies and Canucks but it's OK; I know you all secretly want to be American, :rof

Yep - a lot of love, support and some good natured ribbing in this thread. Gravity, Nodrinking, CurliQ and I have been in this together for over 2 wks now. We started together in the, "less than 2 wks of sobriety" thread. This is our little way of setting milestones for ourselves - the goal now is 3 months.
For me, it's just been nice to be with people in the same boat.

Please drop in and keep us posted on your progress. If you have questions, we may not be able to help you, but we're generally good for a laugh.
Hmmmm.... Do Aussies really want to be American? Nahhh, life is a little more laid back down here

But thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm in the two week thread now so I'll post up in here in some 11 days
Old 01-07-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Time - your welcome here also. So you made another day sober, good job.

By the way - I love Australia, we visited several times and have family in Brisbane area and your right it is way more laid back down there.
They used to live in Melbourne, the only problem I had there was the weather changing every 5 minutes.

So, how are you coping with the early days? I hope your through the physical stuff by now.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
where the light is

"I'm weird like that, I can be around it with no problems. Other times, I'll be doing something that I would never associate with with drinking and bam, it hits me, "a beer would be good now", even though I don't want it. Weird! I wish I could get rid of those random thoughts." Omega Man quote

Man, can I relate to this. I'm good 99% of the time (okay, maybe not 99%) but it's that 1% from out of nowhere... If it wasn't for that 1%, I would never drink! (yeah, right)

"I'm afraid of mediocrity, of being boring, of being nothing, or little, or insignificant." NDZ quote

I'm scared that I will become a geek! And alcohol helps me how? Drunk geek? Oh, but we are about much more than just drinking. Or sobriety for that matter! BTW, it appears that we will be working through step 4 at the same time.

"Interesting thing i found out about the steps is that they showed me my issues that i didn't even know i had" StayinAlive's wise Canadian quote

I think I have more issues now that I joined AA . Seriously, it is really helping to sort out my chaotic way of thinking. I'll have to ponder this some more .

timetogiveitup - welcome to this warped little thread! We can use all the help we can get

Anyway, another good day has come & gone. Alcohol free! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Ya know, this thread & the rest of the forum is really keeping me focused on staying positive and not getting ahead of myself. Everyone take good care.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:17 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Aye, lots of good stuff here. Omega - that's very kind, and I'll take the ego-boost haha

And StayinAlive - you're right, and what I know in my heart is that I have always been a good person, but alcohol and drugs robbed me of the ability to act in a good, non-selfish, altruistic way. I look forward to having myself taken care of, so I can start to give more.

I've been taking and taking for years, from everyone around me. It's a sickness, and it drives us to become that which we are not. Perhaps this is the true definition of evil...

gravity - I am a secret geek haha, I love fantasy RPG's and am currently re-reading the Belgariad :o

and everyone else - had a good day today, Day 23 just about done, and looking forward to tomorrow. Went to work and felt great, just in a good mood generally after the meeting last night.

You're all tops, enjoy the day (northern hemisphere) and sleep good (southern hemisphere).

ndz
Old 01-08-2008, 03:10 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by gravity View Post
I'm scared that I will become a geek! And alcohol helps me how? Drunk geek?
I'm sorry...I'm actually not supposed to be in this club until tomorrow, but I peeked...and I'm glad I did because this line made me laugh so hard!

Maybe we could start a new thread: Drunk geek vs. sober geek: which is better? :wtf2

I am a sober geek and proud of it!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Rob From Canada eh!!

Day 14 and I am here

Day 14 and I have the flu from hell

Thanks for all your support people

Regards

Mayorob1

:ghug
Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

8 Yay Rob!!!! You made it!!! Glad to have you here.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Welcome Rob - you made it!
Now comes the hard part - learning to live sober. At least that's what I keep hearing.

We're going to have the next couple of months. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Well, here I is, day 14!
Still fighting this flu, but I'm on the mend...
Good to be here!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Hi Dan - welcome aboard.
Geeze - another flu case, you must have been sitting next to Rob in the wagon.
Congratulations on making it this far, 2 wks is hugh.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Welcome Dan!! We've all been sick at my house in one form or another.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hi Everyone!

Just finishing up another day - alcohol free! Had a bit of an up & down day. Out of nowhere (it had to come from somewhere) I really started to feel bad about the hurt I caused others because of my drinking. I know I can't change the past and have to move on with my life but I was really down on myself, still am a little bit right now. I don't know if it's self-pity because I genuinely do feel bad for others. This feeling was more or less lifted when I got home to my family. I did some reading, SR (thank you!), exercise, stuff with the kids. On the extreme positive side, I did not feel like drinking!

Maybe this is just another part of the 'letting-go' process, the emotional swings of early sobriety. I'm sure that there will be many great days ahead & a few clunkers thrown in there.

Anyway, sorry to be a bit of a downer. My sobriety is strong and right now I feel okay.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
where the light is

And at least I dont have the flu !
Old 01-08-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
taking it one day at a time

Originally Posted by gravity View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just finishing up another day - alcohol free! Had a bit of an up & down day. Out of nowhere (it had to come from somewhere) I really started to feel bad about the hurt I caused others because of my drinking. I know I can't change the past and have to move on with my life but I was really down on myself, still am a little bit right now. I don't know if it's self-pity because I genuinely do feel bad for others. This feeling was more or less lifted when I got home to my family. I did some reading, SR (thank you!), exercise, stuff with the kids. On the extreme positive side, I did not feel like drinking!

Maybe this is just another part of the 'letting-go' process, the emotional swings of early sobriety. I'm sure that there will be many great days ahead & a few clunkers thrown in there.

Anyway, sorry to be a bit of a downer. My sobriety is strong and right now I feel okay.
I've been having many of those thoughts going through my head also so you're not alone.