Notices

What are your plans?

Old 12-31-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are your plans?

I realize that some of you are already in 2008. For the rest of us in a normal time zone LOL. What are your plans for bringing in the new year. I think we will plan a few family movies, with a bunch of snacks and just enjoy our time together. It will be nice to wake-up tomorrow and know it is the new year.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by tkdan View Post
I realize that some of you are already in 2008. For the rest of us in a normal time zone LOL. What are your plans for bringing in the new year. I think we will plan a few family movies, with a bunch of snacks and just enjoy our time together. It will be nice to wake-up tomorrow and know it is the new year.
Spending time with sober friends, playing Xbox, eating to much.:ghug
Old 12-31-2007, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hockey game/fireworks/supper out with my wife & kids. Movie later, kiss my kids at midnight (they better be sleeping ). Have a good one!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

early dinner out and then chocolate fondue with fruit in front of fireplace with mr k. we'll be the ones snoozing by 10:30 or 11:00 ...

:day4
Old 12-31-2007, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

More of the same hit a mtg this morning and plan on eating Chinese food and watching some movies at home. Happy new year:ghug3
Old 12-31-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Since Mom's out of the country, I'm going to truck it out to my parents' house to make New Years Eve dinner for my dad. We'll probably dig in with the menagerie in front of the TV afterwards.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AA dance with my daughter and nephew - they are looking forward to the tips they will get selling refreshments!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

home group meeting tonight, then maybe a shindig at my friend evan's? maybe some rest... alcothon tonight, two good friends speaking back to back, to ring in the new year.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

During the 4th of Jully, we are in our all sunlight mode so fireworks don't work so well. For New Years everyone stocks up and dark sky over the bright snow makes the effect wonderful. Friends of mine always have a big family oriented party. Food flows and so does the soda and coffee. Wine is there but not expected, not pushed, and drinking in excess is not tolerated. I'll be going to that like I do every year and I look forward to not having to hide my buzz.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sober dance at my AA club. Lots of food and fun.

(I am taking 18 lbs of meatballs and 10 lbs of sausage)
Old 12-31-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My friends are all going to nightclubs. I'm not going because it costs more to get into clubs at new years and I see it as a waste of money because I don't drink; I don't dance; I don't make friends easily. So I'm going to see the new year in with my grandparents (they're old and alone) and then I'm going to come home and just watch tv, listin to some music.
I kinda think new year is just a mathamatical thing really and their's no real need to celebrate the changing of a number.
Anyway I wish you all a happy and sober new year!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by curliQ View Post
Wine is there but not expected, not pushed, and drinking in excess is not tolerated.
I guess in the past years you probably didn't like going their because you couldn't drink as much as you'd have liked to.
It's nice to hear you're actually looking forward to going this year.
Have a happy and sober new year!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Going to sit home this year. Been going to my mothers but the weather could get bad.

Looking forward to this new year.
1. My 8th year of sobrity started this year. coooool
2. Possibility, could get to drive again after 10 years. ye ha
3. My son is being released from prison. Thank goodness
4. Want to spend this year getting to know people here at SR. cooool

Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Most of my friends were planning on going downtown to one of the bars to celebrate the New Year. One of my 'in the know' friends was halfway through inviting me to that celebration when she realized it probably wasn't somewhere I wanted to go. The New Years celebration has now been moved to her house where there will be very limited alcohol consumption by just a few people. I'm bringing a ton of munchies and non-alcoholic beverages to stock the party with as a thank you to her for being so great.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Nearly 7pm here and my wifes working until about 11pm. Prepared a buffet with the kids which we will eat when she gets home, in the meantime watch a movie soon. Got a few Red Bulls in to see in the new year, seem funny to taste them without vodka. Wifes got a bottle of sparkling wine for midnight but it's all hers, best wishes to everyone.