Notices

proud to be me today!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

proud to be me today!

so i am on day 12, and yesterday i made it through a huge test of the wills. i had already committed to going and visiting my girlfriends while home for the holidays. so, i very uncomfortably went because i knew that drinking would not only be involved, but expected. i was really stressing out! i went after stopping at starbucks and getting a venti coffee to sip on slowly. once i walked in i was immediately asked if i wanted a mimosa (this started in the afternoon), and i politely declined...i used my coffee as the excuse. a little while later, one of my girlfriends who is probably the only one that used to keep up with me in drinking, said oh,,,,come on...don't tell me you're not drinking! it's gonna be a fun night....don't be a whimp! i totally ignored her. while outside sitting around the fire pit with everyone getting giddy and enjoying drinks, i found myself craving like crazy! i kept biting my lip,,,pinching my skin,,,,anything to get me out of the crazy mindframe....and it worked!!!!i did have to abandon them early (about 8 o'clock),,,,as i felt the longer i stayed, the worse it would be. the bottom line is...i made it!!!and i can't believe it! that felt great!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great! You should be proud. I'm sure I would have folded. There's nothing worse than drinkers that want everyone to take part. Good job!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

That's great! I bet that victory can be a source of strength in the future.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Step one: We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and our lives became unmanageable.

Step two: Came to believe that biting my lip and pinching my skin would restore me to sanity.

I’m proud of you for not drinking it gets easier with the steps of recovery. It not only becomes easy it becomes non existent.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
where the light is

Awesome! Proves (without a doubt) to yourself it can be done, sends a strong message to your friends and just feels so good the next day, rested, no hangover, no stress. Nice work!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm glad you made it through. I personally found that I had to eventually replace social activities (and friends) that involved drinking.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you! Great job and don't you feel great about your decision?
Old 12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, what a great job!! You were really brave!! I think I would've said I was sick.