Notices

day 11

Old 12-26-2007, 12:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 11

ok...so it's the middle of the night and start of day 11...day 10 was christmas, and that was a rough one. lots of anxiety and craving...i think because of all the family stress and obligations and crazy children running around. i have been very edgy and in an overall bad mood. also, i am eating like crazy...which wasn't the case just a few days ago. maybe this is a delayed reaction. still, i did not even think of taking a drink...despite my mother's boyfriend offering up margaritas and rum cake throughout the nite...oh,,,i so wanted a piece of that rum cake, but i did not want to take a chance at starting to crave alcohol after having whatever the amount is in the rum cake....i venture to say,,,,i think this rum cake was pretty strong...i could smell it a mile away. having lots of issues with insomnia, body aches, and overall tiredness which i can't seem to shake. i thought this was supposed to get easier! anyways....i'm going to try to go to bed now...have a good one everyone!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope you feel refreshed in the morning Wine-not. Had to turn down a soup with alcohol in it a number of times, I was being polite but it still came across as though i was being a bit awkward.
It will get easier, don't despair.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 11 days!!

It sounds like you did good yesterday. It does get better. Just remember, your body is used to alcohol...it takes a while to recover, but we do recover.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-26-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on 11 days, and for getting through christmas sober, despite the booze being right in your face!
It gets easier in time, so please be gentle with yourself, eat well, and get lots of rest. Things will even out in time.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

11 days--nicely done!

I've been on a bit of a roller coaster with the insomnia and body aches as well. I got decent sleep last night, but the previous 36 hours only saw 2 hours of shut eye.

One thing that I have found helps is watching my breathing--in the style of buddhist meditation (I'm not a buddhist--but it works). When I get stressed during the day or am lying awake at night, I try to focus on my breathing. It helps to say in your mind "in" on the in breath and "out" on the out breath. A soothing sequence is "in-out-deep-slow-calm-ease" or other words that help e.g. peace, joy, etc.

Probably sounds funky, but it helps me (and you can do it anywhere-anytime) . . . so it might be worth a shot

Hang in there, I am noticing that it is getting better (day 15). Look to see you in the 2 weeks to 30 days thread in a few!

Peace
Old 12-26-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Congrats! This is huge-going through the holidays! Keep up the awesome work!