SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Oh well, that's Christmas nearly over with - New Year next!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/140107-oh-well-thats-christmas-nearly-over-new-year-next.html)

RK2007 12-25-2007 02:54 PM

Oh well, that's Christmas nearly over with - New Year next!!!

Was dreading today, felt it quite bad yesterday because I knew there would be drinks all over the place at my folks house - got anxious about what it would be like today, pretending to have fun when all I want to do is be like everybody else and get pished out of my head and make a damn fool of myself... :eek:

Anyway, it went great - Christmas day, nearly 11pm now and I'm stone cold sober, never touched a drop - what on Earth is the world coming too? :D

I hope you all had a great Christmas too and I also hope that things are working out for you, wherever you are!!! :ghug2

Dee74 12-25-2007 03:06 PM

merry christmas RK !!
well done :bounce

D

curliQ 12-25-2007 03:10 PM

Wow, you're done already!! I'm only half way through. Fortunately for me, I have zero of the temptations you did. It's just me and the kids... nice and quiet.

Congrats on staying strong.

Captain Kirk 12-25-2007 05:10 PM

Good man!
I'm happy for you that you had a good xmas. Well done for not drinking.
Take care.

Pinkcuda 12-25-2007 06:43 PM

I had it easier than some. I was a recluse who did almost all of my drinking at home or on the way home. When I did end up in a crowd of people that were drinking, I was out of my elliment and quickly left. Therefore crowds of people that were drinking didn't entice me to drink. They enticed me to leave and they still do. Therefore I wasn't tempted.
Sept was my quit month and I'm trying to remember what I was going through my first New Years Eve. I think at the time I had pretty much accepted the fact that my drinking days were over for good. Of course when you're a hermit, New Tears Eve is just the same as every other night. We'll be over here rooting for everyone and hoping the best for them and the decisions they make. I'm sure you'll do fine.

gypsytears 12-25-2007 06:52 PM

Good deal RK :)! Very proud of you :biggrin:.

Ashar 12-25-2007 06:57 PM

Good job rockin your quit, RJ!

awake121207 12-25-2007 08:05 PM

Nicely done!

I wouldn't have made it through without SR, and it's great to celebrate that we DID make it!

:)

dave47 12-26-2007 01:35 AM

Well done RK, New Year down here is pretty mad but i don't think anywhere in the world can compare to Glasgow. Congrats on staying strong.

stone 12-26-2007 02:29 AM

Its shocking isnt it, RK!?

Sober at xmas! WTF! LOL

This has been my first sober xmas since I was 14 prolly. I wouldnt have liked to have been around booze, though....

RK2007 12-26-2007 03:18 AM

Thank you everybody!!!

http://blog.blacknight.ie/images/thumbs-up.jpg

Rowan 12-26-2007 07:07 AM

Well done on getting through your first sober Christmas, RK!

New Years Eve on the Bottoms thread is the place to be, I hear. Apparently, Stone and I will be hosting an online New Years bash! We can clink our glasses of gingerale together across the world right here at SR - the time zones might be tricky, though! ;)

Rella927 12-26-2007 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by RK2007 (Post 1613962)
Was dreading today, felt it quite bad yesterday because I knew there would be drinks all over the place at my folks house - got anxious about what it would be like today, pretending to have fun when all I want to do is be like everybody else and get pished out of my head and make a damn fool of myself...

Anyway, it went great - Christmas day, nearly 11pm now and I'm stone cold sober, never touched a drop - what on Earth is the world coming too? :D

I hope you all had a great Christmas too and I also hope that things are working out for you, wherever you are!!!

Well done there RK :Val004:

Just think....today is the furthest day away from Christmas :wink:

Tazman53 12-26-2007 09:46 AM

RK2007 it gets better every day!!!! Congrats.

Like some others here, my final years drinking there was very little difference between New Years and April 10th, I was drinking either driving home from work or sitting in my garage drinking, oh I used to be the party animal but slowly parties were out because I could not drink as much as I needed to drink to get right.

Holidays and events of any sort are a thrill to me because they are new to me.

awake121207 12-26-2007 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rella927 (Post 1614685)
Just think....today is the furthest day away from Christmas :wink:

:lmao Never thought that would make me happy . . . but it sounds good right now :burnout:

barb dwyer 12-26-2007 09:58 PM

wooHOO !!!
:a122::c011::fest30: