SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Chat Room (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/139880-chat-room.html)

Omega Man 12-22-2007 07:44 PM

Chat Room

Didn't know what forum to put this in, but does anyone ever use the chat room?

PaperDolls 12-22-2007 09:12 PM

Hi Omega..........from my experience, not many people use the chat room here. It's not been very reliable. That could be different lately because there have been lots of changes and upgrades. I'm not sure if it effected the chat room.

I see you're an idiot ;) I am too. You should check out the Bottoms thread in the Newcomers section.

Welcome to SR. Glad you found us.

nandm 12-22-2007 09:20 PM

I tried to use it when I first came to SR but found that it was not compatible with my system or something because I kept getting try back later messages so I gave up.

Glad I did because I then came to the forums to check them out and have found I love this format. I am able to get a lot more feedback on my posts as people can respond when they feel like it. Unlike in a chat room where you can only talk with the people that are there while you are.

I have found this forum to be a very informative, supportive place. Some great people here. Some great experience, strength, and hope. I hope you stick around with us for a while.

Welcome to SR

Omega Man 12-22-2007 09:34 PM

Thanks guys. I know it would be a free for all with too many people in the chat room - it's hard to follow the conversation.

I thought it would be cool though, if you could set specific chat rooms. Like one for everyone with less a week sober. Just we could compare notes on each of was doing.

nandm 12-22-2007 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Omega Man (Post 1611658)
Thanks guys. I know it would be a free for all with too many people in the chat room - it's hard to follow the conversation.

I thought it would be cool though, if you could set specific chat rooms. Like one for everyone with less a week sober. Just we could compare notes on each of was doing.

That is one of the great aspects of this format, one can start a thread on a topic like that and people could respond. You could start a thread titled "Let's compare notes on our first week of sobriety." Have people share what they are experiencing, they are feeling, support one another, etc....
Plus it would give those that are not able to be in a chat room at a specific time the opportunity to participate. There are people in SR from a variety of different countries in different time zones which makes it hard for them to participate as for some of them our night is their day. Just my thoughts.
Glad you are here though and hope it is a format you find use in.

Taking5 12-23-2007 03:37 AM

I think chat rooms on line are dying. It was like the CB Radio craze of the 70s. It is much better to start a new thread.

Phinneas 12-23-2007 03:49 AM

:c009: Hello and welcome to SR!

Unfortunately, we've had technical problems with Chat for some time now. Our goal is to get it up and running and to have regular meetings again and we'll keep you posted on that. For now, it's best to start new threads and post and get to know people that way. This is a wonderful community and you'll find lots of support and information here.