Notices

Friday morning...checking in

Old 12-21-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday morning...checking in

Hey All- I made it through the night. I must have fallen asleep at some point ...woke up this morning and realized it was the next day...and I didn't drink. I also didn't leave the house last night....why take chances right? Anyway, today is a new challenge....the looming weekend. I'm going to try to do the same thing and get through ...I actually have my kids with me and that makes it somewhat easier. Finally figured out my last drink....today is day 4. Thanks everybody for caring.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

congrat's on day 4 just don't quit for today and day 5 will soon be here
Old 12-21-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go Rob! Just keep on truckin' - those days will add up and every day will bring at least one bright spot to remind you how great recovery is! Do you have a sobriety plan in place or are you kinda winging it still? I was "winging it" for the first 2 weeks of my sobriety, and then I started posting here and got a lot of suggestions about different techniques for staying sober and beating the strange thoughts/dreams, etc. that I experienced. If you are looking to form a plan, maybe start a thread with your details so everyone can chime in? I am so happy to see you on Day 4!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Requires Adult Supervision

Rob,
Man do I remember what it was like to shake, rattle and roll.
I heard an "old timer" say this at a meeting the other night and I wonder if it may help you.
It's called "twenty two - two" I had never heard that before. It was explained to me that it's really just simple math. The meeting is one hour. You show up thirty minutes early and stay thirty minutes late. That means for every two hours you're at a meeting you get to have twenty two hours sober. I really like that, because for me in the beginning 90 meetings in 90 days was the way to go.
TB
Old 12-21-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rob, welcome to day 4. I'm really inspired by what you've gone through, and your commitment to stay sober. Saturday and Sunday are just two days in the week - try not to tell yourself anyything different.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

That is awesome, well done and congratulations. Enjoy the time with your kids, you've earned it. It's been a tough week out there for a few people I think, but what a weekend it'll be...

well done!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hey Rob!