Notices

Puffy face deflated?

Old 12-21-2007, 04:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Puffy face deflated?

Okay I have a question. This is my 10th day (been a member longer but ignored my problem so I am back and this time to stay) ANyway,
this morning when I was putting on makeup I noticed that I actually could see cheek bones and that my chin has a shape. I haven't lost weight but I swear my face looks thinner. Does that happen?
Old 12-21-2007, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alcohol is choc full of calories and it also makes us retain water, it might be due to that, if it's botheing you, you might check with your DR.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have heard lots of people mention that happening in early sobriety. But,like Indigo said, if it bothers you, you can always put in a call to the doctor. Good job on day 10!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Nohangover for many people who drank excessively we do get puffy faced & baggy eyed, I had no idea how bad mine was until I was sober for about 2 weeks, it took over a month before the majority of it went away.

At about 3 months sober I looked as though I had lost 10-20 pounds due to the swelling in my liver going down as well even though I had not lost a pound. I had no idea how badly I was destroying myself until I quit and stayed quit.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

THanks everyone! No it doesn't bother me. I am happy about it. I had a swollen face and hated it.
I am just amazed that alcohol does that to your face. Now I hope my upper stomach goes down=)
Old 12-21-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Now I hope my upper stomach goes down=)
Is it mainly on your right side up underneath you ribcage? If so that may very well be your liver like mine being swollen, if you have not been to your doctor yet for bloodwork for your liver it could be a VERY good idea.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I saw a friend the other day who said I looked much thinner in the face, too! It's been 22 days for me. Isn't it great??!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It is awesome=) Taz my fat is my whole upper belly. I got that roll. It is my liver I have fatty liver. I hope it goes down. It is gross. I can't believe I let myself get like this. I would have died if someone told me 10 yrs ago I would have a roll. I hope to be roll-less this time next year.
I am still in shock about my face.......I keep going to bathroom and looking. I haven't seen my cheek bones for a mighty long time.
HEY CONGRATS on the 22 days that is wonderful!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats to EVERYONE on their sobriety, and on looking better

Same thing happens lot of times when you're on opiates (unless, maybe, if you go completely anorexic while you're on the stuff), face gets all puffy, circles under eyes, etc.

After a couple weeks off of it, you look in the mirror and go WOW Do I Look Better Or WHAT?!? And it's pretty damn cool

I'm happy for you NHO4M, keep up the good work!