SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I know this is trite...but it means a lot to me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/139668-i-know-trite-but-means-lot-me.html)

Robzoloft 12-20-2007 10:35 AM

I know this is trite...but it means a lot to me

Hey All- OMG...some co-workers got take out Chinese food delivered to the office and I had some..it tasted so good...I haven't really been eating much the last 3 months or so....or what I ate usually came back later ( I'm sure you know what I mean) or I just had no appetite.....I also had a cup of coffee this morning....another pleasure my stomach couldn't take when I was drinking.....silly, I know. But I forgot how good food could be

Jomey 12-20-2007 10:44 AM

Nothing silly or trite about that Rob! That's wonderful...and it is those kind of daily little happy experiences that add up to a "normal" life and "normal" happiness again without drugs or alcohol. I keep a journal of little blessings like that - it is an awesome thing to look at and read through when I have a craving. Glad you shared. Jomey

rloomer 12-20-2007 10:50 AM

Hey Rob. Kinda funny saying that. I'm Rob to. Anyway I totally understand what you're saying. I'm just starting to get my appetite back as well. It's weird the way drugs and alcohol take those things away from us. When we get them back it's almost like trying something for the first time.

Jfanagle 12-20-2007 10:57 AM

If there weren't rewards for "good behavior" what would be the sense in rejoining the world?

Good for you Rob, it just gets better and better.

Jon

Taking5 12-20-2007 11:04 AM

Rob,

You made my day with this post. Can you believe when I am reading this, and enjoying a turkey sandwich!

Turkey. Sandwich.

Life doesn't get much simpler than this!

I'm probably going out for Chinese tonight after this post.

crayola 12-20-2007 01:35 PM

Thank you!

Rob, you are my lifesaver of the day! I was just about ready to go out and get some booze and I read your post, so picked up Chinese food instead. Am having dinner with tea tonight, day 5 sober, but wouldn't have done it without you. Sincere thanks!

splendra 12-20-2007 02:03 PM

while we are out screwing up our lives simple pleasure becomes far removed. one of the greatest things about being clean is enjoying life on life's terms.

I am glad to read that this post saved someone from going out yes there is a God!!

Rusty Zipper 12-20-2007 02:43 PM

rob, amaze'n that food tastes like food when the substances are down...

ah, those wonderfull tastebuds...

pass the moo-goo-gai-pan please...

gravity 12-20-2007 03:04 PM

Thanks for this. I'm only on day 4 so life is still pretty blah. There is nothing trite about this at all. Your post reminded me of the things I can look forward to as the days add up!

Chinese food and coffee...two of my favorites. Now I'm thinking about getting take-out!