Notices

Part one: Benzo or Near Death side effect ?: over eating

Old 12-20-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
believer

Question Part one: Benzo or Near Death side effect ?: over eating

Ever since i came out of the hospital almost two weeks ago i can't stop eating...

Now if you know me, that's normal...I do sports..so it's ok...But i mean it..I really can't stop eating...Everything is perfect but that....

For example.. Monday i bought a birthday cake, a cheesecake and a bag of bomboms..I ate them all by myself...no birthday....

Tuesday pizza....cake

Wednesday....pizza at lunch, came home and made at least 3 Tupperware portions of rice with shrimps, tuna, ham and all that....almost all eaten

Thursday....already had lunch three times since 10 am...had three deserts mixed twice (pudding, mousse and yogurt)... It's 4pm now...I feel like puking, but i just ordered pizza and there is another one on the promotion plus the garlic bread with bacon and cheese...

I think i am really sick...I lost a lot of weight in the hospital...I don't know if it's my body reacting or the benzos acting up..I haven't had side effects this time...this is the only thing....and it's getting crazy.I can't go out without eating some serious food and i get mad when i can't eat..Karim aint like that normally...lol..did some alien came out of the hospital instead of me?...lol...

p.s..soon i'll post a thread explaining with more detail what i've remembered lately about the death experience...after i'm done eating..
Old 12-20-2007, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Eating is good for you, maybe you should just go with it until you start to put on some weight, then calm down a bit.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about; it's better than not eating, right?
Old 12-20-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Captain Lurker

Maybe you should ask your doctor. That's alot of eating, kinda eat or be eatin

Hang in there
Old 12-20-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Well I do know that in early recovery alcoholics (me) due develop a big craving for sugar to replace the empty calories we used to get from alcohol. Chocolate!!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Captain Lurker

I'm right there with you Taz, bring on the chocolate, yummmy
Old 12-20-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Karim,

I think that you need to listen to your body in the sense that it could be telling you that you need extra food right now. But, I would also think that talking your dr, if this doesn't stop soon, would be a good idea.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sometimes when I eat alot I still do not feel full. I think I am trying to fill a whole that is not there. (Like an emotional whole). I don't know if this applies to you. Just my two cents.

Keep Posting Karim.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
believer

Thanks; i was just thinking if this is normal or just a reaction from the hospital release...i went to the doctor yesterday...i told him about this, he didn't blink..lol...i guess he's just glad i am alive..lol..

thanks guys!

i guess my next thread will kind of explain maybe those emotional reasons...
Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Take care, Karim. Looking forward to hearing more from you so I can return some of the amazing support you have given me. Love ya,Jomey
Old 12-20-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
believer

And i love you!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i havn't understood, have you quit benzos? (i'm a recovering benzo addict)
if so maybe you're doing what i do, that is substituting one addiciton for another.
i think i've been an addict/complusive ever since i can remember
Old 12-20-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Thanks; i was just thinking if this is normal or just a reaction from the hospital release...i went to the doctor yesterday...i told him about this, he didn't blink..lol...i guess he's just glad i am alive..lol..

thanks guys!

i guess my next thread will kind of explain maybe those emotional reasons...
I'd go talk to him about it Karim. No need to worry when you can ask and get some answers. A blink of an eye is not an answer. He may very well be glad you're alive, as we all are... but go talk to him anyway.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

:ghug3 to you Karim....
I'm so glad you're here!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hey karim!

i think a lot of people hit the nail on the head about addiction transference. also though, i think if you are eating lots of bad things...ie simple carbs and high fats, you are on an insulin roller coaster...which triggers overating---also compounded by the fact that you say you are an athlete. your body can't catch up because your blood sugar is constantly spiking and dipping. this throws off your hormones too which can worsen the problem. try eating healthier choices that are well rounded in terms of complex carbs, lean protein, and low fat....this will significantly diminish if not vanish your cravings...it may be hard at first, but all of the sugar you are consuming is horrible for you not only physically, but it also plays on your emotions...you don't need that while trying to recover. Sorry i'm long-winded about this, but my work experience and current studies have a lot to do with nutrition. hope you start feeling a little more control. take care and keep up the good work!
Old 12-20-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
believer

I'm on benzos now..I tried not doing meds, but i need them...thanks for all the amazing support..i love you all like if i knew you, i actually do..

here's my next thread...lol..hahaha...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1609206
Old 12-21-2007, 01:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

there's different kinds of eathing just like there's different kinds of drinking, or different kinds of using , or different kinds of sex ....

sad eating/angry eating/anxious eating ... you can substitute 'eating' with your self destruction of choice ....

that's how the disease works.

if you don't 'obey' with your usual ... drinking, using, smoking, etc....

the disease makes a lateral - a side move ...

from what I just read, Karim - it's not so much how much ... it's WHAT you're eating. That's some high volume sugar. The brain takes that in and you get the 'high'...or the 'buzz' ... just slower, and it doesn't last as long.
SO the 'urge' comes more often.

jmo
Old 12-21-2007, 02:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
believer

I am going back to asian spirituality and other spiritual searches...That will work...Why don't you try it too Wander?

I'm feelin' a new life style for the new year....

I got some free files..lol..if you want it...ask me..i'll send it to ya..I've been around tai chi for some time now...

hug