Notices

back again...coming down...seeing things

Old 12-19-2007, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back again...coming down...seeing things

i'm 23 and a complete addict towards smoking pot. about one or two weeks ago i;m trying to quit my smoking habit. That's how i came by this site, been checking it once in everywhile.

Just today i'm coming down from a three day non stop smoke till you drop marathon, mixed with drinking alcohol just to keep the brain going.
Five minutes ago I was looking at my carpet during a phone call, and it started moving and shapeshifting.
I've done shrooms, xtc, some lsd etc. but I never hallucinated out of the clear blue. Must be due to the coming down.

Anyways, my brain feels fried, it's hard to focus, to think. Sometimes I see dizzy, sometimes i'm hot or cold, i get like electric little itches down my spine, damm it's really crazy. Still in general i'm feeling ok, thusfar I can handle it.

I want myself to know, and the visitors and former-addicts of this site, that i'm still trying, i'm still fighting this disease. Cause that's what it is. Taking it one day at a time and today, i might be just fine.

I'm still struggeling with the 12-step-program....is it something for me or not...should I take all of them, or just the ones I like?
Or, should I stop investing so much of my energy into this? And just live my life and die in peace as an old man?

I don't have the answers for now, but today i'm gonna make it sober, that is for sure.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

mr clean...

your young, with a whole life ahead...

if you do go for a 12 step program...

dont take the ones ya want, take the ones you dont want... they're the ones we need...

good wishes MC
Old 12-19-2007, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

dude.

you need to detox with a doc.

you're seeing things.

read the stickies - please take care to read the stickies on the tops of the forums here.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

I don't want to offer any harmful advice here, but in my experience (bongs every day, hundreds of trips, e, smack, coke, speed, shrooms etc. over 8 or so years) what you need is to continue not harming your brain and get a few things into you like:

fresh fruit and veggies - bananas in particular, as they are one of the few things that can aid a serotonin depleted brain. Eat as much as you can, with every meal if possible. That is pretty much all I have eaten for the last three days. Eat fruit salad for breakfast, have salads and whatnot for lunch, eat heaps if they're not filling you up - it will do wonders, I guarantee it.

vitamins - particularly B12, but multivitamins are fine - your body and brain are depleted and are having no fun! Milkthistle will help your liver, it has been clinically proven to reverse cirrhosis and increase liver function, and zinc is always good for helping the body recover and heal.

And lots of water and cups of tea, pref. Green/White tea which contains high levels of antioxidants that will help you purge the badness. I have been drinking lots of liqourice tea too, to help my digestive system which has been all messed up since I quit drinkin'.

And if you experience ANY serious ill-effects from detoxing then I would call a Dr or go to emergency straight away. I hope this helps!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Or, should I stop investing so much of my energy into this? And just live my life and die in peace as an old man?
Keep up the way you are going and you can forget the "die in peace as an old man".

Are you at peace now? If you keep it up will that lead to peace? You will find peace in an early death.

I have found peace with myself and the world through the 12 steps, if I had picked which ones I did or did not want to do I would never have found that peace and serenity I have today. Once achieved peace and serenity beats being high on anything by a mile.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nodrinkingzone View Post
I don't want to offer any harmful advice here, but in my experience (bongs every day, hundreds of trips, e, smack, coke, speed, shrooms etc. over 8 or so years) what you need is to continue not harming your brain and get a few things into you like:

fresh fruit and veggies - bananas in particular, as they are one of the few things that can aid a serotonin depleted brain. Eat as much as you can, with every meal if possible. That is pretty much all I have eaten for the last three days. Eat fruit salad for breakfast, have salads and whatnot for lunch, eat heaps if they're not filling you up - it will do wonders, I guarantee it.

vitamins - particularly B12, but multivitamins are fine - your body and brain are depleted and are having no fun! Milkthistle will help your liver, it has been clinically proven to reverse cirrhosis and increase liver function, and zinc is always good for helping the body recover and heal.

And lots of water and cups of tea, pref. Green/White tea which contains high levels of antioxidants that will help you purge the badness. I have been drinking lots of liqourice tea too, to help my digestive system which has been all messed up since I quit drinkin'.

And if you experience ANY serious ill-effects from detoxing then I would call a Dr or go to emergency straight away. I hope this helps!
thanks for the advice dude,

So far today i've been doing most of what u told and some other stuff too:
- drinking water, multivitamine fruitjuice, green tea and just a little bit of coffee, otherwise i would fall asleep and proberly never wake up again...
- relaxation meditation, every three hours or so for about ten minutes (for those into meditation, the dead-body-posture from yoga, it's great!)
- every four hours or so a hot shower, ****es up my water bill, but hey this comes with a price,
- simple housekeeping work (doing the dishes, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning the fish, laundry etc. etc. to keep the body moving)
- reading about addiction and how to stop being addicted

I was gonna go to work tomorrow, (said I was sick), but i'm gonna use thursday to detox as well, and to get my head straight. Maybe it'll get me into trouble at work (being 'sick' for almost a week) but I need to conquer this terrible addiction first before i can start my life all over again.

The hallucinations come and go, but in general they are loosing strenght thank god they are not very intense, like with LSD or shrooms, otherwise i needed to go to a docter or something. If not gone tomorrow i will go to see one by the way.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Well, I wish you luck man. It's not easy, but it can be done. I assumed you might be more at that stage, but the next thing you have to consider is the advice being offered by Tazman and many others on this forum.

I reckon you need to consider what you're doing, and why. I stopped smokin herb because I never got anything done, and I started getting more and more paranoid. That was a good enough reason for me. I stopped taking acid and hallucinogens because I broke my brain one day, and I know that it would be very dangerous for me to take anything like that again. Now I have to stop drinking because it's ruined my life for years (in the most insidious, sneaky fashion), and I am hoping that in the course of analysing and addressing all the reasons I took ANY substances at all, I will find the peace and happiness I desire. And stay sober and start to enjoy my life at the same time.

I reckon as humans we shouldn't need any external substance to make us feel good.

If there's a reason I want to do the 12 steps, it's that I think it may be a useful tool for addressing my problems and resolving them for the long term. I don't think there's a 'quick-fix' solution to addiction, and you can only hop from substance to substance for so long before you end up crazy, dead or in jail.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

still hanging....

thinking about all the advices...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

If there's a reason I want to do the 12 steps, it's that I think it may be a useful tool for addressing my problems and resolving them for the long term. I don't think there's a 'quick-fix' solution to addiction, and you can only hop from substance to substance for so long before you end up crazy, dead or in jail.
Well said my friend, to my knowledge the only quick fixes out there are booze and drugs and both of them are very temporary and just dig the hole deeper.