SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Glad to find this forum! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/139108-glad-find-forum.html)

hjen 12-13-2007 05:58 AM

Glad to find this forum!

Hi to all,
i am having a bit of insomnia like in early recovery and so am glad to find such a active forum to keep me busy reading.I have no desire to drink but am trying to deal with a crisis in my life so need as much AA support as well as reaching out to my HP.
iI know recovery does not protect us from bad events in our lives so am grateful to have steps to try and climb up and not to worry about what i cannot change.
I just have to STOP and pray every time i start the stinking thinking which is not easy especially at night when the family are all asleep.
thanks
jen:

tkdan 12-13-2007 06:04 AM

Hey jen, welcome to one of the greatest sites around. Keep posting consider it you own twenty-four, seven meeting. I'm sure others will be along to offer encouragement shortly. Nice to meet you.

Rella927 12-13-2007 06:05 AM

Welcome to SR! Glad that you found us! I just wanted to say hello! Others will be along to share their experience. Check out the stickies at the top to the forums too! They are a great source!

Glad that you are here :hug:

parentrecovers 12-13-2007 06:09 AM

nice to meet you, hjen! keep posting! blessings, k

2stop 12-13-2007 06:11 AM

The insomnia IS tough.....but it does get better. Hang in there okay?

Glad you found us..............welcoming HUGS!:Val004:

hjen 12-13-2007 07:06 AM

Thanks for the above.Just posting i feel like i may be able to go to bed now.
its 1am here and just sharing has relaxed me down
ta jen

Rowan 12-13-2007 07:09 AM

Glad you found us, Jen. Welcome to our recovery community.

Jersey Nonny 12-13-2007 08:08 AM

consider it you own twenty-four, seven meeting.
Hey! That's my line!

There was a while I was getting up a couple of times during the night, and finding it difficult to get back to sleep. Rather than waste time staring at the ceiling, I'd get on the pc...reading and posting here at SR was a great source of comfort...especially, if I was able to reach out to someone new who needed some experience, strength, and hope. Eventually, the sleep will come.

Impurrfect 12-13-2007 10:33 AM

Welcome to SR!

This is a great place, full of support. I have insomnia sometimes, and it's always great to be able to come here whenever.

Keep posting and let us get to know you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Alive 12-13-2007 10:40 AM

Like all the above said; this is a wonderful place to find some links to peace of mind. I am happy you joined us, i am happy you're here.

keep posting!

hjen 12-13-2007 02:03 PM

Wow, what a beautiful way to wake up and see the welcomes.Kind of made me a bit teary which is my state at the moment.However i am grateful as they are good tears.
Also it is my home groups meeting at lunchtime so am looking forward to that!
i am actually going to more meetings at the moment than ever and the sun is out so i can ride!thank you i got to sleep after reading a while
take care all
jen

gypsytears 12-13-2007 02:08 PM

Hi and welcome again Jen :). I'm glad you found SR... it really is a great source of support and info!

tkdan 12-13-2007 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by hjen (Post 1600894)
thank you i got to sleep after reading a while
take care all
jen

That's the usual response to my post.

[QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny (Post 1600291)
[b]

Hey! That's my line!

I really never read that and if I did you did not have it marked as a registered trademark:dunno

Seriously, Jen I'm glad you got some sleep. Insomnia is never fun. I hope you have a great day.

RK2007 12-13-2007 03:31 PM

Welcome to SR Jen, we're all here to support each other and you're included!!! :ghug2

hjen 12-14-2007 06:15 AM

Hi all,
tomorrow a OSM is coming over for a cuppa to finally see if he can get through to my family how important AA and my recovery is to me.Feeling pretty nervous and they were giving me a hard time about it tonight.Hey it cannot get any worse.My family gave me a ultimatun almost 5yrs ago BUT believe i am not a alcoholic anymore.In the beginning it was SO bad and things have improved somewhat but not enough.I have taken them to meetings.Hubby went to AL ANON but hated it.I said i would persevere for 5yrs which i have done.Hubby no longer takes the battery out of my car or hides my keys or has stormed into a AA meeting.However it is mental mind games all the time from him and one of my girls.My oldest is understanding and informed.I go to day meetings to not disrupt or upset them and am hoping and praying my HP may open their minds.
jen

citychick 12-14-2007 06:28 AM

Hi :D I'm having a bit of insomnia myself tonight hjen. I guess it's hard for the family considering we're living on a whole different set of principles to them now. My husband has seen the improvement in me and although he has some issues with AA and meetings he wouldn't want to go back to the way it was before I found AA.

I'm sure yours will come round..nice to met another Queenslander...

hjen 12-15-2007 06:36 AM

HI CITYCHICK,
Well the meeting was very difficult and confrontational for my family as they want to pretend i am cured!Too upsetting to explain but emotionally it has been a hard day.I am still up and will read the forum for a while.
thanks and nice to meet another aussie
jen