SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Another day - no drink (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/139077-another-day-no-drink.html)

FastSteve 12-12-2007 01:34 PM

Another day - no drink

Hi gang

Its been 7 days now since I decided I should try & give up drinking (last Thursday). I've been an evening drinker for years. My week's been like this:

Thursday - Stayed at girlfriend's - no drink. Felt tired.
Friday - Stayed at girlfriend's again - no drink. Felt tired again.
Saturday - Went to theatre - no drink. Felt ok. Good evening.
Sunday - Girlfriend came to my house - I gave in and we had some wine with dinner. Oops.
Monday - Went to first AA meeting. No drink.
Tuesday - Stayed at girlfriends. No drink. Feeling really good.
Today - I had a really hectic day in the office and driving home I admit I did consider getting some wine. I have a 60 mile drive home and must've changed my mind about 50 times whether to get a bottle of wine or not. When I got to my home town I stuck firm and decided to just get some food, take it home and eat it straight away. I did this and the appeal of having a glass of wine vanished immediately. I will remember this!! After dinner I went online and found an AA meeting 5 miles away that I could make so I went back out and drove there only to find the building had been knocked down and a development of new homes was being built there. Bugger. The AA website database must need updating - either that or I was lost. So I drove home again a bit disappointed.

I'm now tucked up in bed with my laptop feeling good that I have again not had a drink. Girlfriend just called on the phone - she hasn't had any drink tonight either.

Just wanted to check-in here and keep in touch.

Best wishes to you all.

Steve

RDKA 12-12-2007 01:37 PM

Right on Steve, good decision...I've been having beer cravings the last couple of days...haven't caved yet, but I find myself trying to justify a little drinking...keep it up...cheers

parentrecovers 12-12-2007 02:54 PM

hang in there - both of you. support out, k

Astro 12-12-2007 03:40 PM

It does get better guys, I promise! ;-) Kudos to both of you for making the decision to be clean and sober.

Anna 12-12-2007 03:53 PM

Good for you Steve! Being hungry can definitely be a trigger so it was a great idea to eat dinner.

I'm glad you're feeling good.

caitlin666 12-12-2007 03:58 PM

way to go steve & rdka:Dance7:

im still holding fast too:ghug

IO Storm 12-12-2007 04:23 PM

Hang in there guys...and gal...

prayers...

And remeber HALT

Hungry

Angry

Lonely

and

Tired

Love,

IO

Jersey Nonny 12-13-2007 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by IO Storm (Post 1599682)
Hang in there guys...and gal...

prayers...

And remeber HALT

Hungry

Angry

Lonely

and

Tired

Love,

IO

What IO said!!! :c033: