Notices

I don't wanna cry anymore

Old 12-09-2007, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't wanna cry anymore

My life can't get any worse but it does every day. I'm staying sober and doing things right but more seems to go wrong. I wrote a letter to God last month but He didn't write back. I hope He's not mad at me. If anyone reads this can you please ask Him to write me back if He's not too busy? I really need Him right now. Everyday I cry and I don't want to be depressed anymore. Thank you.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Life's really hard to adjust to without that crutch of alcohol, Lonely Girl, I know - but I promise it gets better. Hang in there - and hang out here - no-one should do this alone.

As for God - I reckon he has his own timetable for getting back to us. Frustrating as hell, I know, but there ya go

D
Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lurker

It is up to God when and where, or if He answers prayers. His will be done, not mine.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear Lonelygirl

Don't feel alone, I'm here with you every step of the way.
I love you becuase you are a of god and please don't forget
that. I feel your tears..it's just pioson coming out of your
system that's all. Don't trip...
Becuase you did the laugh now and cry later stuff for years,
we're just at the cry later stuff at the moment.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear your struggles, your pain...

Keep posting, we are here for you...:ghug2
Old 12-09-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I first got clean (I'm a recovering crack addict), I had to face up to the consequences of the years I was using. My financial situation seemed hopeless, it's hard to get a good job when you have to answer "yes" to the question of whether you've ever been convicted of a crime, I had to rebuild the trust of my family.

It was really hard, and I'm still struggling, but I am making progress. I had to talk to bill collectors (instead of avoiding them) and make out a payment plan I can afford....and it is going to take years, but that's okay. I had to move back home because I can't afford an apt. right now. I pay rent at home, I tell my family where I am, and have their trust back.

As far as God goes, I've learned that His timetable is usually different than mine...I want everything NOW! I just ask that as long as I keep doing the right things, He direct me where I need to go. It was really hard to do that at first, but He hasn't let me down....not once. I'm still impatient, I'm still pretty angry at myself for letting myself get into this situation, but I'm getting better and I realize that where I am today....well, that's right where I need to be.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-09-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello Lonelygirl,welcome and keep reading and posting as there are many here to offer you support,guidance and friendship.
Maybe we get ourselves in such a state that our thoughts get a bit scrambled and it's hard to focus properly but God loves you and is never too busy for you.I will put you in my prayers and God bless.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My life can't get any worse but it does every day. I'm staying sober and doing things right but more seems to go wrong.
My sentiments, exactly...and, I have 28 years of continuous sobriety. No one ever promised me life would trouble free, just because I quit drinking. But, it's so much more manageable than when I was.

I found that many AA meetings helped with the loneliness...and, through the 12 Step program of recovery, I was able to learn to live life on life's terms, not necessarily on mine. The 11th Step says, "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us, and the power to carry that out."

As was explained to me, prayer is talking to God...meditation is listening to God. Perhaps your head is too muddled with your situations to allow the message of God to come through. Try sitting very still in a quiet place, focus only on your love for Him, and allow Him to "speak" to you.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Lonely Girl - I understand your feelings...just remember, that just because you do not hear Him right now and you don't know what His plans are for you, does not mean you are alone, or separated from Him. Do you know the Footsteps prayer...the one about God carrying you when you can't walk by yourself...He is that close to you right now...maybe someday you will even look back at this time and realize that He is carrying you...and you would be drinking or using if He wasn't...

I know it is hard to endure when His timing is different to our own, but hang in there, and let Him work...it will come right, He promises us that. And hang out here of course, also. We are always here to talk and listen.

Hugs, J