Notices

Been sober for 46 days

Old 12-08-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Been sober for 46 days

I've been sober for 46 days and that is the longest amount of time sincie I was 16. I've got in alot of trouble when I was 30 and scaled back but never quit. However, I started my old bad habits about 6 months ago and basically got an intervention saying people wouldn't support me anymore if I didn't quit - they gave me so many chances....I've been taking Lexapro to get over this beginning anxiety. I really don't want to ever go back b/c i realize i can still go out an have fun w/o drinking and I don't want to lose everything. I love to run and exercise and hang out with my kid but need some othe indoor hobby to keep my busy...I'm thinking about taking up guitar...if I get really into it how long will it take for me to get decent if i practice everyday. Any other suggestions...I also don't do any drugs besides smoking weed which has never got me in troube...any thought on than?

Thanks,
J
Old 12-08-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I, too had to find something to do when I started recovery and I found volunteer was a godsend for me. I started out thinking that I could offer something, and found out that I was gaining far more than I could ever give.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

Glad to see you are not drinking.