Notices

I blacked out last night

Old 11-30-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Laura,

I think the only way to get rid of the fear is to face it and get through it. I know how terrifying it is to accept your own addiction and know that you have to deal with it. But, you can do this. I used to black out too sometimes and it is so very terrifying. You don't have to go through it again!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on the phone right now with my insurance company to get the name of a counselor who specializes in alcoholism
Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Laura,

Your post touched me in a special way..I remember when, I remember the pain, I remember the fear, and I remember doing the things necessary to begin a life of sobriety...Through this forum and the halls of AA I found life again...

YOU CAN TOO...

It looks like you are ready to surrender to your addiction which is necessary to live a life of recovery...
:comfort
Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

Have you considered any help from A.A or counseller something? A.A is deffo what i'd advise but it's up to you. I think outside help will be good ofr u tho- and any alcohlic! I couldnt of done it myself.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Laura...

I feel for you so much and can I ever relate!. I'm in the same boat as you and others who have tried repeadly to quit and those who have tried everything. I just came off a three-day binge and here it is 1:00AM in the morning and I should be in bed and yet here I sit with a monster hangover, feeling hopless and Christmas is less than 30 days away and I DREAD being drunk on Christmas. It does'nt help that I have neighbors from hell and a house infested with rats.

I realize that just "relating" to your predicament is'nt going to be of much help but all I can tell you is that you are not alone and that I am here for you if you ever want to talk or just need a friend.

Need4Change

Originally Posted by LauraSFO View Post
Here I am again. I have tried to quit drinking so many times and am sick to death of it all. Last night I drank so much that I blacked out. Thank God I was at home and safe, but I managed to order a pizza and eat the entire thing and have no memory of it.

I wish I could get rid of the fear. I'm afraid I can't stop. I'm afraid if I don't I'lll end up killing myself.