Notices

Maybe I'm being unreasonable?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I don't put anyone on any accounts for any reason.
Saves me money and aggravation.

Take care of yourself and your family
Blessings
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

True, it was stupid on my part to even get myself in that position. I'm going to pray lots today for guidance and strength to figure out the best way to handle this.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Gray Skies, congrats on getting into recovery.

As to this 'friend.' Disconnect his phone. He can always get a 'prepaid' cell phone as they are readily available now.

You do not need this aggravation in early recovery. My personal opinion is that he doesn't sound like much of a friend.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, we do really care.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-28-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

He wasn't a drinking buddy, which makes his behavior these past 3 months even more puzzling. His emails are full of contradictions, and a few flat out lies, and I was up til 4am upset about this. I really thought he was my friend. He just doesn't get that it wasn't as easy as go to detox, come home three days later, back to normal. That's just not how this works. Yes, I don't pick up the phone daily to call him. Neither does he. I can't count the number of times he said he'd call and never did. Stood us up for dinner at our house a couple of weeks ago after I'd cooked a huge meal. They have a 2 1/2 month old son that I've seen twice. Once at the hospital and once when his wife dropped off a cell payment when he was a month old. I used to see them weekly before detox.

Okay, I HAVE to let go of this, it's driving me nuts and I'm miserable. I just have to find a way to move on. In fact, the cell phone account is actually in my husband's name, come to think of it, maybe I can ask him to just deal with what to do about this guy's phone. Why does this crap have to hurt so much? I remember so vividly now why I spent SO many years shutting people out. Thank you all for listening/reading. I didn't know where else to turn and I had to get some of this off my chest. I appreciate having somewhere to come where people understand that sometimes, recovery flat out sucks. Having to feel emotions again SUCKS. But having said that, I am very blessed to be sober, and feeling these emotions is part of the healing. *sigh* Still sucks to feel so much pain!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

What the heck? Why should she be taking an inventory and admitting her wrongs? Clearly, she's the injured party here.

BTW...MGS...the one thing I've always remembered from Al-Anon: You don't have to accept unacceptable behavior. He has been taking unfair advantage of your "friendship".

OK...praying for him and that he might see the error of his ways...that'll work.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

How are you doing C? Thinking of you..

Karen