Notices

I want to use

Old 11-28-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Sorry you're down Tanya. I don't have the experience with depression or meds but the other replys were good. I know the wanting to use/ drink feeling well though. It sucks and it *does* pass. Sending out some support to you... you are doing well even if you're having these feelings hun. As long as you don't use .
Old 11-28-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((tanya))) Sorry to hear you're feeling this way. I know it will eventually pass but right now it probably feels like it'll never end. :comfort

Obviously everyone will have a different experience with depression meds. It took months for me to feel comfortable in my own skin when I started taking them, until that time I always felt foggy, disconnected, like I had a head full of cobwebs. But I kept sticking it out and the day came when I felt like I was living normally.

Rowan had some great advice. I try to constantly keep my focus on meetings, service, and reaching out to others. There are days when I have to force myself into action, but the results are always worth the effort, my day ends peacefully and I go to bed sober. Then I get to wake up the next day clean and do it all over again.

In spite of myself, there is still no issue I've come across in life that a drink or drug would improve. Really. I promise;-)