Notices

24 beers every day

Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm also new to this, but wanted to send ((((Hugs))))

Good luck to you. I can already feel the warmth from the people here, I hope you can find the help you and your family need.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

You have showed up here because you want to change. I applaud you!

Change starts by doing something different than you have been. I suggest that you think of a way to start changing, something you can do differently to begin your journey. It's a cliche because it's true - the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ...
Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joeydogs View Post
Im 31 been a hardcore drunk since 17 was in rehab at 14. Ive always been able to function but i cant anymore i have a wife and a kid and a serious anxiety panic attack problem alcohol helped that somewhat and zoloft.
Hi Joeydogs:

Welcome. Do you have a plan of attack here, or are you trying to get some ideas? Have you ever been to AA?

Peace.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi....Welcome to SR!

We just started a thread in Alcoholism
about anxiety and drinking.
Please click on the link below if you are interested

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...n-perhaps.html

Glad to see a new member
Blessings to you and your family
Old 11-27-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RJS

Hey Bud,
I was a drunk like that. I 'managed' my drinking the last couple years by drinking beer only and went through a thirty pack a night to get to sleep.
Guess what?
Your panic attacks?
It's the alcohol!
You will get to the point soon where you have to drink in the mornings and here and there during the day to keep 'em off. And at that rate, when you stop, you're gonna have a rough ride for a week or so physically, and mentally it may be a long road ahead. Starting again after you get to feeling better again will send you through it again, but that's what we do. Almost killed me.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccirider View Post
Hi Joeydogs:

Welcome. Do you have a plan of attack here, or are you trying to get some ideas? Have you ever been to AA?

Peace.
I am the supporter of my family money wise. So i cant attend a 30 day program and aa never worked for me sadly. Im thinking of just renting a hotel room to get through the dts and going from there:praying
Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yea, i use to think that AA did not work, i went for 5 years off and on and would hear about peoples days and a little about GOD but it never made any since to keep me from drinking, i came up with all sorts of ideas to stop and once i stopped for 2 weeks, i moved to the middle of nowhere with no car- moved back to life and drank that night - a while passed and i was out of ideas and went back to AA knowing that i would probalbly drink in a short period of time, God put someone who introduced themself as recoverd in my path and took me through the steps as it is laid out in the BIG book and the way they did it when the program started, in a short period of time (@ 2 weeks)cause if not i would have gotten drunk (as been proven) i have a year and a half now and more content with life than i have every been, actually love life
So if the hotel gig does not work that is the difference that worked for me OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

here's the good news...If you want to be done for good and all and are willing to go to any lengths to do so, there is a solution. I know because I've been there man. And now I'm recovered from a hopeless state of mind and body(alcoholism). If you go to AA and have any questions feel free find me on here, there can sometimes be a lot of confunsion and I would be glad to help in any way I can. Take care & God bless.