Notices

Justin Case

Old 11-26-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Justin Case

Justin Case is a new member and I am posting this thread at his request, just to help him get started.

So, please give him a big welcome!

"Hello, I am a 51 yr old man w/ a thirtyfive year history of opiate abuse. I have been on Subutex for almost 2 yrs & am ready to get off the medication. I have been slowly decreasing my dose over the past couple of weeks. I have decreased my dose from 32mgs to 2mgs. My wife has been helping me, she has the pills & doses me daily. I have tried to detox myself on everything over the last thirty years I have never been successful. She keeps the pills so it's been going well. I want to get off this stuff but am afraid of the withdrawal. I work full time, have gotten my life back & have done well w/ subutex but I truly want to live life on life's terms. What can I expect from here on? I plan to be off completely in about 3-4 weeks. I've had some pretty severe addictions and withdrawals in the past from every opiate under the sun including methadone which was the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced. I'm an active member of NA & have been clean & sober for going on 18 mos.I'm rambling but am afraid of the dope fiend in me. Can you help put my mind at rest? Thankyou J.C.""
>
Old 11-26-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi and welcome Justin Case . Alcohol was my problem but I can relate to your feelings of uncertainty about coming off the medication. Have you talked with your doctor about withdrawals? Well done on the 18 months sober time BTW.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see a new member....
Welcome to sR!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Justin.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Justin, glad to see you here.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Justin. Well done on your clean time - it sounds like you've come a long way. I'm sorry I have no experience with Subutex to share, but I'm sure someone will be along who has.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Justin welcome to SR
Old 11-26-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi there Justin Case

I'm glad you found us! This site is awesome and supportive and a treasure.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Welcome Justin, I am glad you are here......Cathy
Old 11-27-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks to All/Justin Case

Thank You All for your responses! I am thrilled that I stumbled upon this sight! What excactly is a thread! Can someone tell me more about this sight? What's with the quotes? Does navigating the sight warrant a learning curve or what I see is what it is? What's up w/ the tool bar that is offered? What's with the icons? I enjoy playing around w/ that stuff. I'll experiment w/ the tool bar above
I had belonged to another forum about suboxin but found it not helpfull, void of recovery minded folks. Glorified war stories, scams & drug seeking information. lot of victimations & poor me complaints. I ended my connection w/ them. I am seeking like minded folks that recovery is thier priority. It seems that I may have found it. Thank you god who I call my higher power has directed me to this hopefully real deal. I have so many questions & life expierence's to offer and am looking forward to connected w/ like minds. I look forward to connecting w/ sreious revoering addics & alcoholics. That's all Justin Case
Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Justin,

A thread is what all these posts are part of. A thread is generally one topic, in this case started as a welcome for you.

This site is a peer-support message board. We have no professionals here, just us members and we all help each other and help ourselves. There are several forums and there is one for Substance Abuse that you might want to check out at some point.

I don't use the tool bar offered.

Here is a link to all the Smilie Icons
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...=vB_Editor_001

And, yes, we are serious members here, but we have lots of fun too. Just take a look around at some of the threads in Newcomers and you'll see what I mean. Here's a link for that:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/