Notices

I've learned alot in the past two days

Old 11-22-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've learned alot in the past two days

I have learned so much in the past to days about life and anger and frustration. all I have heard was excuses for problems from people yet not one has said how they are dealing with it. One is my sweetie is dealing with her mom who had a stroke 6 months ago and is not with it. I have listened to her vent and she has has stated that her mom has a problem and it bothers her. As i was listening to her the only thought that came to me is that the yes there are issuses with her mom, but yet the problem she is haveing is inside her. The before and after the stroke is really a turmoil in this persons life. Just as we are haveing the same turmoil in recovery is the same as everyone else is haveing. We make excuses cause we dont want to see the pain and hurt we are feeling. Life is life, not easy not hard but life. We have to deal with everything that is thrown at us. Yet the hardest part is looking dep inside ourselves and the pain and hurt and that we are feeling. So who really who has the problem? Without looking inside ourselves and healing ourslves how can we grow and become healthier and deal with life on life terms?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It use to be much easier for me too look towards the people in my life and blame them for all my problems. Bitch and moan rather than admitting the problem lies within me and taking action to do something about it.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Shemp -

I've been noticing the same thing. I see people complaining or stressing about something, but not really doing anything to change it.

I won't say that I don't still stress over something a little too long, but I'm a lot quicker than I used to be at figuring out why I'm so stressed and finding a way to deal with it so I guess that's progress.

I think a lot of people ARE scared to deal with what they're really feeling. It took me a long, long time to realize that avoiding my feelings causes a lot more problems than just feeling them.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-22-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I have found the 12 steps work in "all" areas of life but what it takes for most of us to learn such tools is a hard path. I am grateful for those who have shared such wisdom over the ages...even though it took me finding a bottom before I would even start to look at such solutions.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Yes...recovery is "an inside job".