Notices

Enough About Me Me Me!

Old 11-15-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ummmm....the last 24 hours.

Worked (at a bar) last night and hosted live trivia. I stumbled on reading out one of the questions and said "And I haven't even had anything to drink!" Someone shouted "Why the hell not???" I laughed and continued with the show.

I am eating like a freakin' horse (what a turnaround!). I think I'm going to gain 20 pounds in the next few months.

I signed two new deals this week, due to my productivity during the day, food tastes good to me again, I enjoy cooking again, I read a book last night, I can feel my body getting better, I talked with my Ma for an hour yesterday, I sent a wedding gift to my ex-fiance, took my mutt to the dog park then gave him a bath, and I woke at 8:30 without an alarm. That about covers it...about ten times more than what I would have done hung over.

"Thank you Daddy, for not getting wasted every night"

Signed,

Ned
AKA - Sir Barks-A-Lot
AKA - Baron von Chews-A-Shoesie
AKA - Destroyer of Worlds
Old 11-15-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by readytorecover View Post
I pick up my son in an hour from school. I can't wait to hug him.
I second that thought two times! Thanks Shari!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

:Wstrand I changed my avatar...Because you all know I love the beach.
Now I am gonna go find some food.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Today, I started saying out loud the things I am grateful....it is quite a list!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Been doing OK, even though yesterday was such a mind thing but not about using just about learning. Hard sometimes for me to learn, I did so much damage to my brain that I had with the dope and alcohol.

Today has been a pretty good day so far been up since around 5am. I straightened up my apartment, vacuumed the carpet, made my bed, and got the dishes soaking, cleaned of my kitchen table cause today is the day my Sister comes over for her weekly visit. She is really having a hard time, got herself in a hard situation and even though she has 6 years sober, never in AA, her troubles like the rest of us are from our own making. So if ya all pray send one up for my Sis Marie.

We had a good visit and that is what counts. Oh yeah I about forgot that I had to do a clean sweep on my PC this morning also and now getting things re-installed is a chore in itself. Glad that everything is going pretty smoothly, only 9:30am here but thinking about taking a nap already. Might have some college football to watch, and then take Chance to the Bark Park later as well. Keep on Keeping ON as Becky always says. :mock
Old 11-17-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Wnet for a 20km bike ride
spent time with other addicts
did not pck up
did not rip anyones head off
did not have the desire to rip anyones head off
went to gym
played with dogs
went to meeting
went out with members for dinner
gave an addict a lift home
headed home

today:
talked to god
mucked around on pc
going to have a quiet Sunday
Old 11-17-2007, 04:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today I slept in, tidied the house, visited with a friend from the fellowship, talked to my Mom, drove my daughter to the movies, and am waiting for her to come home.
I gotta headache but it's from a salty meal, not the drink, thank God.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Today was a really busy day if ya want to call it that but yeah it was a pretty decent day overall.

I did my usual thing today which was very stressful to say the least and had to keep reminding myself that I am human and going to make errors in my life. I know today that it is worth the effort to learn how to live a new life.

I have been posting the "It Works How And Why" in the NA forums here and OMG I have a lot of errors. I might need to learn to do a little proof reading

So today I went to my meet, had dinner, hung out and talked to a few people, and basically stayed pretty calm considering the fact or the after fact good to be here clean.

Hummm what a life heh:comfort
Old 11-20-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Today has been another lovely yet busy day for this recovering addict.

Gone to the extremes as you would say, woke up late, been busy on the computer all day, need a break, done my postings, and have had my coffee and cigarettes

I am planning on doing a few more things here yet

such as

I am going to get off of the computer for awhile, it is chilly but going to take Chance to the bark Park for awhile, let him have some fun and of course this is a excellent place for me also to get to know other people in society. I will probably cook dinner tonight, going to have pork chops and baked potatoes and Chance will get the bone and probably some meat.

Going to hit a meeting yet today, even after almost 18 months I still make around 5 a week, for the longest time it was one or more a day, but today I feel more comfortable with myself and my recovery.

So that about sums it up on how I am staying sober n clean today, well of course I haven't used

So what have you done positive today for your recovery and not drink and use?:morning