Notices

::so I Am Reaching Out::

Old 11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A whole new life.

::so I Am Reaching Out::

so Here I Am On The Internet Reaching Out To Other People In Soberity.
I Am Twenty One Years Old And I Was A Drug Addict To Every Drug That There Is. But Crack ... Crack Is What Got Me. Got Me On The Streets. And In A Whole New State.
I Have Been In Missouri For Over A Year Now But This Time Last Year I Was In Jail. Its Been Hard For Me, Very Much So.

My Problem Is ... I Need A Support System. Thats The Reason I Am Here. My Theripist Told Me Today I Need More Of A Support System. Mostly Cause I Broke Down To Self Mutilation And I Did That Before I Got Bad Into Drugs.

I Just Refuse To Make Friends In The Process Group That I Am In Now. One ... They Havent Been Clean Long Enough And Still Relasping.

I Have Been Clean Over A Year But Still Want Support. So If Anyone On Here Wants To Take On A Crazed Twenty-one Year Old Red Head. It Would Help Me A Lot.
Kreet.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kreet,

Welcome!

It's great that you are reaching out and looking for support. SR is my lifeline.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JRock

Hey man I'm a drunk, but I found working the steps has given me a new life. I know N-A exists, so if you are really looking for help I found for me that a sponsor who had worked the steps and good guide me has worked. By the way, I also found that the booze was just a symptom, and I can do messed up **** when I'm not on the sauce, because it is just a symptom.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to our recovery community, Kreet.

I admire you for getting clean while still young.

This website has been a big part of my recovery, along with AA meetings and relapse prevention group sessions. You'll find a lot of experience, strength, and hope here.

Good to meet you
Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have some bad news. The Doctor told me last month that there isn't enough left of my liver to do it's job. He said that it's just a matter of time before I go. I'm poisoning myself with everything I eat and drink. I'll probably be spending my last few months in bed throwing up everything I eat and lose most of my body mass because I can't keep anything down. More than likley I'll end up on life support and live long enough to see my son graduate in the spring. I'm sorry I did this to my family as the dreams I promised will probably die with me. I hope they'll be O.K. My wife is pretty enough and still young enough to find someone who can be a good provider. I just hope he'll be a good dad to my boys. They deserve the best. They're good boys and I'm awfully proud of them. I find myself wishing I could have a chance to have made better choices in my life. In hindsight, there were a lot of times when I made decisions that were not the best. I've made my amends to everyone and I think they understand. They're still angry at my choices and I don't blame them. They were counting on me and I had a responsibility to them. I blew it. I just wish I could just have one more chance. I hit my knees every night asking and praying. Please God, give me one more shot, please. I won't let you down. Please!! I find myself even begging God for another shot at life. I'll make the best of it, I promise!
That was the bad news, now the good news is that it hasn't happened yet! God gave me that second chance. That's exactly how things could happen if I hadn't made the decision to use that freebie that God had granted me in the near future. God loves me and God loves you. He gave you the ability to think in sequences. We are the only species on earth that has the ability to think about tomorrow. It's a gift, use it!!! God loves you, but he doesn't seem to care how you kill yourself. He won't toss someone back on the sidewalk when they step in front of a bus, and he won't save you either. He just gave you a gift! I suggest you use it and thank him for it!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hey Kreet -

welcome!

SR is a great backup in your recovery plan of action.
Good for you keeping up with a face to face plan of action as well.
Keep posting and watch how many new friends you make!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to sR!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome I'm really glad you found us here at SR.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

WOW!!! Over a year clean off crack. You really are an inspiration to me. BIG TIME!!!
I have been struggling with that evil crap for 13 years and never seem to get more than 60 days. And that was only a couple times.
You dont know how reassuring it is to know it is possible to get off that crap.
I really do hope you stick around and share some of your experiences and what worked for you.
Thank you for giving me hope that it is possible.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Kreet to SR...

So glad you found us, keep posting...:morning
Old 11-14-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A whole new life.

thanks for the welcome everyone. it means much. i think i may be on sober recovery as much as i am on myspace. haha.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi and weclome Kreet . I spend a lot of time here too... it's a good place. Congratulations on your clean time.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Kreet. Keep posting.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Kreet. Welcome to SR. I also went for a long time doing every drug under the sun bouncing in and out of addiction from one addiction to another. Always able to function with some problems but nothing like the crap crack put me through. As of today I have 73 days clean and as much as I feel good about it. I still have doubts that I will be able to saty clean. As much as I want it its hard for me to imagine 1 year clean.

I am very glad you posted here on SR giving myself and others some hope. Ive kicked a lot of other drugs, and non of them, non were as incredibly eveil as the crack has been.

Sr is a great place for support. Also similiar to you I go to a group where i refuse to befriend anyone for exactly the same reason. After group the discussion changes from drug prevention to whos house everyone is going to go back to, to get high or drunk. I feel like a ****, but I ratted out the group as a whole not mentioning any names. So they changed the group format and members a little, but I still dont trust myself or them to become friendly. Your are in a good place here. I hope you keep posting.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A whole new life.

I Will Do What I Can To Stay An Active Member And Support Others As Well As Them Supporting Myself. I Do Go To Group Two Times A Week And I Enjoy It A Lot. Its Been Interesting Getting Clean. Especially Being In An Entire New State Haveing Noone But My Mother. But We Are Doing It Together.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hey kreet - i admire you for getting clean at such a young age and are committed to staying that way. keep it up and keep us posted
Old 11-14-2007, 05:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

One of the best things about the support system is the broad spectrum of groups to choose from. I usually hit 3-4 a week and there's anything from newcomers groups to the hard hitting Skid Row Reformant Groups. There's also everything in between. If for any reason you feel you can't count on your group, it's time to go shopping.
I grew up with very few Mentors in my life and wouldn't know what one looked like if he was right in front of me with a sign on his forehead. The closest I've come is in a hardcore group. Those are the ones that tell you exactly what you need to be told and believe me, I was told. Sitting in those groups is the best thing I ever did for myself. Those are the people that I can count on and I would be proud to call a friend. You might look into something like that. A lot of them have been where you could be headed if you let your guard down.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I'm glad to hear someone is with you, Kreet - so many of us have to go it alone.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A whole new life.

yes I Was Very Lucky Indeed To Of Had My Mother Move Up Here To Give Me A Second Chance.
Actually Shes Given Me A Million But This Is My Whole New Life. New Place, New Expeirences And Everything.
I Am Lucky My Treatment Center Is Helping Me As Much As They Are.