Notices

Enough

Old 11-13-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enough

Hi All,
I have been drinking far too much for the last few years on and off. I have been thinking and trying to do something about it for as long I can remember. It has finally come to a head, as it where and this is it!!! I can not and should not drink ever again.......or else I will lose everything that is dear to me....When I look back at some of the situations I have been in it scares me so much. I just can`t have one drink, it always leads to more and more. I have been a total and utter fool. If anybody reads this you might well know where I am. I don`t expect any responce, just need to say it...I am slowly killing myself with drink and intend to stop now while i still am able to. It is going to be as hard as hell..but i need to do it for everyone around me..and more importantly me. I`d like to end in saying that there is a better, brighter and cleaner life out there for everyone. Good luck.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Yes, I do understand and that's why many of us come here - we understand. Alcoholism is an absolutely horrible disease and it tries to rob us of everything. You can change your life and there is lots of support here.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! Today can be the beginning of a brand new life. A life of freedom and possibility! It is hard but the rewards are immesurable! Keep posting.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! Glad you are here...you CAN and must do it! Hugs to you.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you both,
I`ve not drank for just over a week now. I have in the past been a few weeks without a drink only to start again. But events of the past month have made me realise that I can`t go on kidding myself that it`s only one drink, as it never is. So many people on here saying that they don`t drink for a social reason, not seeing the point to have just one...that`s me all over!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on your week! I too never saw the point in just one. You can do this, it is now a battle in your head. You are stronger than the voice that talks you into taking that first drink. You need to fight it like it is going to kill you, because it will.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello,

Welcome to SR...

Keep posting, we are glad you found us...:comfort
Old 11-13-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bugsworth that is so true and very good advice. One day at a time ehh. It seems such a long road ahead, but this is the first time I have talked to anyone about my problem. Even though I know it`s been there for a long long time. Feels as though I have finally accepted it....