Notices

I am so depressed

Old 11-03-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am so depressed

All I want to do is cry. CRY CRY CRY And Cry somemore.
I want to crawl into a whole and stay there.
I never get depressed. I have no job now and I am such a big sorry loser it's not even funny.
I wish I could leave and never come back!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chi,

You can talk to your dr about your depression. He might have some suggestions.

Other than that, just try to move forward slowly and focus on staying sober.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

If you feel like crying hon, go ahead and cry...let as much of it out as you can. Then, take a deep breath, wipe off your face with a cool cloth and move forward. It is okay to feel down...even normal people do, we are no different. The trick with us is not wallowing in it for to long. Go ahead a have a good cry, then come here and let us know how you are doing.

Cathy
Old 11-03-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I posted this in another thread but I'll post it again here. Are you eating right?
http://www.addictionrecoveryguide.or...nutrition.html
Old 11-03-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Chi, I haven't been on this forum for over a year, which is a bit mean of me because people like you helped me a lot and I haven't been back to say thanks. In January it will be three years since I had a drink. I still have difficult days but mostly I'm fine. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you and people like you giving me sensible advice and encouragement. I'm sorry you are feeling down at the moment. You are a wonderful human being and I wish you all the best.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

"Doit" that was lovely...

Chiy you've helped me so much, too, I've read many of your posts. Please don't be disheartened. I feel lousy today too - so many seasonal triggers. I just can't go back to where I've come from, though, I don't think I'd have the strength to put up a good fight again. You've worked too hard to go back to square one. No retreat, no surrender - keep forging ahead.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is okay to cry.

*hugs*
Old 11-03-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In our thoughts Chi,seek help and keep on battling,best wishes and make sure you hang around.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Chi -

I'm so sorry you are going through this, but I'm glad you came back and posted...been thinking about you.

Go ahead and cry, get it out of your system. Then figure out what you want to do next.

You are NOT a sorry loser! You're an addict and you keep coming back here, and you keep trying. You can do it, sweetie! And by the way, you helped ME stay clean today because you reminded me of how I felt when I was smoking crack.

You can get through this....you've got a lot of people here who care about you and want to help.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-03-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I just had a long well needed reply and it disappeared.
Forget it.
Just my luck.
I am done!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Done with what hun ? Trying to post that post ?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Sometimes the only thing that makes me feel hopeful again is to have a good hard cry.

Is there someone you can drop in on, just so that you're not alone? Sometimes just sitting silently an watching a movie with someone helps.

Please hang in there.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

you are not a loser. hang in there...things improve over time
Old 11-03-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
Did it have anything to do with a well placed boot? It sounds like you need one!
Here's the deal. Although I haven't been here a long time, in the time I've been here I have noticed one thing. All we seem to get from you is Negative. Never anything Positive. Nothing good, nothing great, nothing tremendous. Nothing but negative.
When you send out Negative, you get back Negative. That's the way life works. If you are as negative in life as you are on this board it's no wonder your life is in the dumps. You get caught in a rut that you can't get out of. You send it out, and right back it comes. Your life is a mess so you focus on the negative. You focus on the negative, so your life is a mess. It becomes like a runaway Freight Train. There is no stopping it. Somewhere along the line you must not have picked up the tools you need to derail this train. Not only are you lacking the tools to derail this mess, I don't see a whole lot of help here in finding the solution. All I seem to see is this "Poor Trish" demeanor and "we'll keep praying" attitude.
I pray for somebody one time and one time only. That's all they get out of me. I toss it off to God and let him handle it. I won't carry it around with me. I pass it off and I'm done with it. By praying more than once, I am accusing God of not listening the first time. He doesn't work that way.
However, I did get an answer for you to stop this train. Just like it says on Pg86. The answer will come to you if you ask.
Here's the answer I got. I want you to come here every day and post something positive. Post something good that happened to you that day. Post a goal, a hope or an aspiration that came to you. If you meet a nice person, post it. If you noticed a flower growing where it normally doesn't, post it. If the weather is unusually mild, post it. Post one happy, positive, uplifting thing, once a day until it becomes a habit. If it becomes a habit here it will become a habit everywhere.
Don't try to BS me into thinking that nothing good happens either. I've been in the game too long for that one. It's there, you just need to be able to see and appreciate it.
I'm eagerly awaiting your post.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I need a well-placed boot myself today, Pinkcuda, so I found your message particularly helpful. Especially positivity vs negativity. Thank you.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Chiy,

You know that early sobriety is challenging...Your emotions seem to be all over the place.

Just remember, this will pass...:ghug3
Old 11-04-2007, 03:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

chy
Forget it.
Just my luck.
I am done!!!
now chy, thats the jerry springer (sorry jerry) panel attitude...

start say'n, i'm start'n!

start'n a new life, and a new improved me!

you know i love you...

rz
Old 11-04-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Chiy honey we're all here for you, you are not a loser and I hope you're not done either. Believe in yourself. You have helped many people her at SR. maybe you'll let us help you too.

hugs indie
Old 11-13-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JRock

I found through getting a sponsor and working the steps, over time things began to get better for me. I also found that depression is a mild form of agnosticism. I was totally agnostic when I came in, but I found that didn't matter, my sponsor asked if I was willing to believe that he believed in something, and thats where I started. But it worked, and I am thankful for good sponsorship that reminds me the drinking was just a symptom of the problem, but that there was a solution.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

depression is a mild form of agnosticism
ok, maybe I'm not reading this right but, with respect, my depression is not a symptom of any spiritual malaise...and I could direct you to many others here who'd say the same about their experience.

if that is what you're contending, you're stuck in the 19th century.
D