Notices

Can you help?

Old 11-03-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

thanks for the help everyone. Yes I am ready to quit.

very depressed and sick of myself,
Alyce
Old 11-03-2007, 05:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Alyce,

It is your disease telling you not to come here, not to reach out for help in recovery.

Deep down in your soul you know you want recovery and you know you can do this by trying...

I know you can do this too.:ghug3
Old 11-03-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Missy,

I thought I was doing the right thing: working on starting a new life, and logging on here with the truth that I have cut back, but not quit. I guess that has inspired a few to think I am not "trying".

Just do it I say, but I am in a new community with no friends and a strange new life with a bf. Terror about my work too, which depends on a talent I have (art) which has been compromised by an accident causing constant pain in the hands.

I wish I were braver. And I thank all you who are helping. I am also glad for all the support over at "I am quitting today..." and for the list, meant only as a way to keep people other than myself in my mind.

((((((((((Missy))))))))))

Alyce
Old 11-04-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am new also. I was told there are no sober requirements for posting and hanging out on the site. PLEASE, do not stop post and sharing. NO MATTER what YOU go through WE can get through it together. This is where OUR help is. BE BLESSED. hang in there.:ghug3
Old 11-04-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

The only requirement for AA membership is a desire to stop drinking.

That applies to this site, too. You obviously have the desire...nobody reads/posts regularly on here because they have nothing better to do with their time. So, as we say in AA, "Just keep coming!"
Old 11-04-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

DO NOT STOP VISITING AND POSTING

I posted on and off here, starting when I realized something might be wrong. It was three months later before I made the step to stop drinking.

Considering how private I am about my personal life, I probably would not have quit without the advice and suport of this board, in conjunction with a best friend that shoots straight, is supportive, and does not judge me.

As someone said on my thread when I asked "What comes before baby steps?" They said "You crawl on your knees, maybe even saying a prayer while you are there."

I have now taken a baby step, and I look forward to posting here my progress each day. It's like getting a gold star on your art project in kindergarten!