SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I am new to recovery and support groups (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/135863-i-am-new-recovery-support-groups.html)

Tyra 10-31-2007 09:01 PM

I am new to recovery and support groups

I have been clean for four months now. I've been doing it on my own. It was suggested to me to try and find support. Going into a room full of strange people makes me too nervous. Online support seems do-able. I'm learning to navigate my way around. It would be wonderful to hear from people and develope a support group. I am afraid not being visable will make it easy to be over looked by people. I have mental illness as well as addiction issues. I pray I can recieve strength and hope from more experienced members. I want my life to get better, I know I cannot do it alone. HIGHER POWER BLESS US ALL. Thank you, Tyra:Val004:

discoveringme 10-31-2007 09:20 PM

Tyra...WELCOME!

Hi Tyra: I'm Angie...new myself. I have 8 days sober. I too have mental illness to deal with. Depression and severe Anxiety. I understand your fears. Face to face meetings are just to much for me right now. Ive gone to them before, but I am not ready now. I have found wonderful support here..I am most sure you will also!! The best part for me is that this site is available 24/7...whenever I NEED to vent or talk...I can come here, and if its really late..I can sit and read posts and answer posts. I love it!! It just may be my salvation. WELCOME!

CarolD 10-31-2007 09:32 PM

Hi Tyra...
:)
I pop in and out of here often
I sure hope you will too!

Congratulations on your 4 months clean!
:cheer

Tyra 10-31-2007 09:41 PM

Wow, Thank You Soooo Much. It Helps To Know I Am Not Alone.

barb dwyer 11-01-2007 01:32 AM

You aren't.

Welcome!

stone 11-01-2007 01:56 AM

Hi and welcome Tyra. :bday8

Rusty Zipper 11-01-2007 04:13 AM

hiya tyra!

alone!, nah, theres a world of us!

hope you find your recovery comfort zone

good wishes

xxoo & blessings

rz

Missymae737 11-01-2007 04:42 AM

Hi Tyra,

Welcome to SR...

You can feel right at home here.:sun2

Keep posting...

indigo 11-01-2007 05:44 AM

Welcome to SR Tyra I'm glad you found us, a great place for support and non-judgemental people. 4 months is great!

Rella927 11-01-2007 05:55 AM

Welcome to SR Tyra! This is a great place to be! Sit back and do some reading and sharing with us! We are glad that you are here! :hug:

Congrats on 4 months!!

dave47 11-01-2007 06:16 AM

Hello Tyra and welcome to SR.This is a great support group with some very knowledgeable people to offer help and advice,congrats on your four months.

Snopup 11-01-2007 06:32 AM

4 months on your own is pretty great! I know I couldn't do it without support groups like this forum and meetings. Keep commin' back, it's easier when you can lean on someone when you need to.

Tazman53 11-01-2007 07:14 AM

Welcome to SR Tyra, you will always find support here, who knows, hang around here long enough and you may get built up enough to go to a meeting and just sit in the back and listen.

4 months BTW is awesome, without detox and then AA there is no way I could have gone a week after detox.

parentrecovers 11-01-2007 08:03 AM

nice to meet you, tyra! keep sharing! blessings, k

Rowan 11-01-2007 09:40 AM

Welcome, Tyra! Awesome job on your clean time :)

Hope to see more of you around.