Notices

My third day

Old 11-26-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, it's been a month I do believe and I have been doing well. My only hang up was on Thanksgiving my girlfriend's brother is going thru a really bad divorce right now and has an almost 3 year old son that is basically being used as leverage for everything and my girlfriend's brother got emotionally upset after dinner, left and came back with a 6 pack asking me to drink it with him, and with great reluctance I did but only after talking to my girlfriend first. And well it was 3 beers and that was it. I came very close to stopping at 1 but I made the decision that I was not going to let her brother go down a very dark and dangerous road that I once was on back in the Army, especially with him having a son to think about which he does always put first. I think my trouble with alchohol is the party scene. But I'm not saying that I'm going to go right back to drinking again but if I have one and only one with dinner in the next 4 months I don't think it will hinder me from my goal of figuring out why I act the way I do when I drink and drink to much.