Notices

Once again someone trys to bring you down

Old 10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Once again someone trys to bring you down

Everytime that you think you are free the has to be someone that trys to bring you down.I have such that case. the sad part is that this person went to my sister by email threatening that if I stop contacting this person I am going to jail. This is kind of funny since I have had no contact with this person or will ever have contact with this person again. I dont know if it is jealousy on these people part that make s them want to hurt someone that is doing good. Whatever the case we just have to sit back and pray for those people that are still ill and hope for the best. I know that it freaked me out when I got the phone call, but I realized that any reaction to it would mean that this person will bring me down. So I just let it go and prayed for this person to get healthy. I have worked to hard to get where I am at and no one is going to bring me down, or threaten my freedom. I will keep going in the right direction and will contiue with my sobriety and my happiness.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I admire that sooooo much and hope to someday be where you are. That is neat. I always let people drag me down and use them as my excuse. I'm so glad to know that you can overcome it. I like that. You let me know it can be done thank you
Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Again Shemp,

I SEE a great deal of growth in your character...
Old 10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Shemp,

You are certainly gaining some "Wisdom" to know the difference, as stated in the Serenity Prayer. That is a lot of growth on your part. I had a lot of trouble letting people walk all over me and one time my counselor asked me: "Have you ever stood in your livingroom and told your family to go to H***

Of course I would never have done that. Through the years I have grown to understand the Action/Reaction aspect of a situation. I used to react and retaliate to what ever was handed my way. Now I do like you do...pray for the people that are having the problem. I found that reacting and holding a resentment toward someone just fueled the situation all the more and I was the one feeling bad while the other person delighted in making me agitated.

You are doing good work. :praying

kelsh