Notices

Just Checking In

Old 10-21-2007, 02:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Checking In

Hi guys.

I'm on the road again. Planes, lounges, airports, hotel rooms, conferences, meetings, rushing around in taxis etc....

I had to leave my daughter on her own to come to Sydney to work tomorrow. I hated it. Feeling a bit peeved with ex actually since he is supposed to have them at the moment but he left town to see his girlfriend again. So there are two of our children in town with no guradian.

Still, I guess oldest is 18 now and second is nearly 15 and staying at friends.

It's just that the sun was shining and I wanted to stay home. Time with my oldest is so precious. She leaves home next year and she has been the one to take longer to build trust with. It's a long weekend in NZ but I have to work.

So - grateful for a job, my health, my children, my sobriety, my friends on SR who I can connect with when I am away from home, my programme and this yummy fried rice I am eating in my hotel room.

I rang AA to ask if someone could pick me up for a meeting. There is one at 8pm but I don't want to walk around this part of town on my own at night. It's only 4 blocks but its Kings Cross so.....

I hope I can get to a meeting in Adelaide when I am there tomorrow night.

80 days sober today.
7 days codie free.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's good to hear how well you're still doing way to go my friend.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi Steph,

Your positive words have struck a cord in me...So glad you are doing well and congrats on your sober time...
Old 10-21-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

stay safe on the road, pilgrim! hugs, k
Old 10-21-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

80 days - thats wonderful.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Way To Go on your 80 ssober days!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Steph, congrats on the 80 days! 8

The kids will be fine!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi again everyone,

I am still away from home.

The day was good but then came the function. That's ok but I really hate orange juice and there was hardly any of even that to be found. I really felt tonight I was the only one not drinking. I was looking hard and there must have been 300 at the function and I couldn't find a non-drinker.

Coming back to the hotel, I got asked several times to stay out for "drinks". The bad part about tonight was that the subject of my codependency really helped me out and was very supportive of me not drinking. I found it really pleasant to have him here today. It was nice to see a friendly face and we were a good team together. I just couldn't stay angry.

I am trying to tell myself that it doesn't mean more than that but I think I need to go to the F&F site for some support.

Anyhow, I got through another day. I got a call from someone at home asking if I wanted to go a meeting and that made my day! There are not enough of us out here in the world I am in - none in fact and I am craving a meeting. It's so good to know you guys are here.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Hang in there Pilgrim!

Karen
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hey Steph, keep in mind that when the times get tough, the tough get going! You are doing so well hon, getting to meetings when you can, hanging tough, doing what you need to do, so many would find life better following your path.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

80 days is great Pilgrim!! keep it up!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

So glad you are doing well, Steph. My congrats to you for the eighty days. Stay with it.

Padraic
Old 10-23-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Nice Steph . 80 days is awesome. You've come a long way baby!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi

SO good to hear from you and thanks for the congrats. .

Last night was HARD. Drinks came out at 3.30pm on the stand!! I was stressed and irritable and about to explode. A dear old AA buddy from home kept in touch and got me through. Dinner was easier in a small group but Mark was there being Mark. Just the fact that he is there is a real bummer. I am so tired of it and so far away from the programme right now.

Sometimes I think I really do need to get a different job but I wonder whether other jobs would not also seem to be based around booze - especially when my head is telling me it's all about the alcohol.

It's time to get the hell out of here. I go home this afternoon. Phew.

O - this weekend I go to my parents house in Auckland for Dad's 70th. Blargh.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Is blargh like blerky Steph ?

Hang in... you are getting through and doing a good job at it. Just stay focused on your sobriety. That's all that matters right now.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You survived and that's the deal!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Hi Steph,

You've made it through the trip and that's what matters! Just a thought, but at my last position there was a huge drinking culture. It is quite possible that other businesses don't work that way..would it hurt to look to see what's out there?

Karen
Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm HOME. It was a bit nasty last night coming home to an empty house. It was messy and I got home at 1.30am and it was very dark and quiet.

I had to go to work today so I didn't get much sleep.

Half way through the day I rang a cleaning company. I came home to a clean house and all I had to do was unpack and pack for the weekend and tidy. I have the animals and children back with me and it is soooooooooooo gooooooooooood.

I have 85 days now. Counting down........

I am fairly anxious about going to see my family. I only have one amend to make. The rest will be making sure I don't react - act instead. I will take lots of breaks and remind myself that my Mother is still sick. 24 hours and then I go home again. I have the children with me so it should be ok.

I sent my family a copy of the BB and Under the Influence. I said they could read it if they wanted - especially the part for families. I will bring them home with me. I wish I could have highlighted the part about us alchies being sensitive. Still - Mum is still drinking so the weekend is likely to be all about her and not about Dad's 70th.

There's a newbie in town. She asked how to get a sponsor. I am her temporary sponsor. It is so scary. She will probably find someone with more sobriety soon but for now, I was the only one in the room today. It was so great to get to a meeting. I am less insane today by far.

Goodnight my dear SR friends.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I am less insane today by far.
Progress .

Steph sounds like it's getting better . Bringing the book home to your family is a good idea. Hopefully they'll read it, but if not at least you tried. Proud of you for being a temp sponsor. That's incredible isn't it? There was a time when you wouldn't have even thought about having one, much less being one. I'm glad you have your kids and pets back with you... thanks for the very positive update!