SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   First AA meeting today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/135116-first-aa-meeting-today.html)

wiscgirl30 10-20-2007 05:59 AM

First AA meeting today

Day 4! Still going to my first AA meeting at 11 a.m. Found out it is going to be a pot luck...YAY...FOOD! LOL. I barely have anything here so not sure what to make, but Im thinking maybe deviled eggs.... Yup, that is what I will make. Sure wish I had a deviled egg dish to put them in though! I only have a plate and then they slide all over. Oh well, it will work. :danse1b: :danse1b:

miss communicat 10-20-2007 06:04 AM

Congratulations on Day 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is fabulous and I know its hard. Sobriety Rocks! Welcome to a better life.

Anna 10-20-2007 06:19 AM

I'm so glad you're moving forward in your recovery!

Captain Kirk 10-20-2007 07:30 AM

Hi!
Congratulations on your Day 4. That's really good.
I've been following your other threads and I just wanted to say I admire your courage.
Keep it up. Take care.

CarolD 10-20-2007 07:43 AM

Excellent plan...:)

parentrecovers 10-20-2007 07:59 AM

will you check in later and let us know how the meeting goes?

i love deviled eggs, i make them for a lot of potlucks and they are always a hit :)
when my grandma passed away, she gave me all her d egg plates as my inheritance. if i lived closer, i'd loan you one! in fact, i have some eggs in there that need to used up, so i'll make some this morn and send positive vibes your way...

hugs, k

md20 10-20-2007 08:00 AM

Good luck with your mtng, hope u enjoy it, im sure you will- sounds like yummy fun! :)

kelsh 10-20-2007 08:30 AM

Wiscgirl,

Good for you...four days over the end of a week is hard. Deviled eggs sound good!
It would be nice to hear from you after the meeting. :Val004:

kelsh

Rowan 10-20-2007 08:40 AM

Can't wait to hear how the meeting went. :)

NOMOMERLOTMAMMA 10-20-2007 09:15 AM

Thinking of you...let us know how it went!

Karen

scaredykat 10-20-2007 12:28 PM

Congratulations on your day 4. I'm glad your checking out AA. Lets us know how it went.

Barb

wiscgirl30 10-20-2007 01:32 PM

No time to talk. Have to go to work. Meeting went really good. Really nice people. Every person that talked directed everything to me since it was my first time. It was really nice. :)

calfritch 10-20-2007 01:59 PM

congrats wiscgirl!!! you had me at deviled eggs.....mmmmm yummy!

parentrecovers 10-20-2007 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by calfritch (Post 1534251)
congrats wiscgirl!!! you had me at deviled eggs.....mmmmm yummy!

agreed, calfritch.... :lmao

glad you were made to feel so welcome, wiscgirl. keep goin' back!

hugs, k

Anodyne 10-20-2007 04:07 PM

Congrats wisc!
I'm glad you liked it, and hope you go back.

Maaaannn. I slept alll day. Set my alarm for 9 am so I could make it for the breakfast before the meeting, apparently shut it off in my sleep :(

I am bummed.
But oh well, there's another meeting tonight!
Hope you fill us in more on your thoughts/feelings about your first meeting later on :)

wiscgirl30 10-20-2007 08:08 PM

Hi guys and gals. Okay, a little more time to talk...but very tired, been a long day! Wow, actually, so tired that I really dont know what to say! I really dont think, no I know I wont, do the 90 meetings in 90 days thing. Right now I am already working almost 60 hours a week, plus have kids, plus have my gram. I will maybe try to make it every *other* day. I am shooting for my next meeting to be Monday at 5:30... Or well, Tuesday cuz I have the counselor on Monday. Anyway though, I will go back. Beside, I accidentally left the plate I had my deviled eggs on there! I have to! LOL. More tomorrow...need to relax... Love ya's!

dave47 10-21-2007 03:23 AM

Well done on getting on with things with so much enthusiasm,sounds pretty hectic.

parentrecovers 10-21-2007 06:20 AM

did you get a phone list, wiscgirl? i'm so proud of you for going. i know that was a big step for you. stay sober, and keep reaching out. support, k

(we ate most of our deviled eggs...)

wiscgirl30 10-21-2007 07:05 AM

Yup, have a looonggg phone list. :)

nogard 10-21-2007 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by wiscgirl30 (Post 1534455)
Hi guys and gals. Okay, a little more time to talk...but very tired, been a long day! Wow, actually, so tired that I really dont know what to say! I really dont think, no I know I wont, do the 90 meetings in 90 days thing. Right now I am already working almost 60 hours a week, plus have kids, plus have my gram. I will maybe try to make it every *other* day. I am shooting for my next meeting to be Monday at 5:30... Or well, Tuesday cuz I have the counselor on Monday. Anyway though, I will go back. Beside, I accidentally left the plate I had my deviled eggs on there! I have to! LOL. More tomorrow...need to relax... Love ya's!

So what was i like for you? Did you like it, hate it? wanna go back or .....?

How many people there?

Was it a Topic Meeting?

Kevin