Notices

A split second can change your life

Old 10-20-2007, 10:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Welcome, Pretzyl and thank you for sharing that story.

Just as, when we're drunk; we never know when an action is going to affect those around us and cause pain ... once sober - we also can't ever know what action is going to affect those around us to bring beauty.

We can only trust in the God or our Understanding ... to make it so.

You never know who needed to read this today - or tomorrow. Someone lurking, possibly still drinking, who could easily be you right now. Or be you tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing that.

again - welcome!
Old 10-21-2007, 02:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Powerful story. It reminds me that when I pick up the first drink, all bets are off. There just really is no predicting what will happen next except for the fact that I will keep drinking. My last drunk was scary driving around the county in a blackout. I have no idea how I got home or where I went. There was no blood on the car the next morning which was a relief, but it was scary nontheless. I remember being in treatment in the early 90s with a pediatrician. While drunk one night, he shot his wife. He said he didn't remember it happening. He was in a blackout. He was charged with attempted murder, tried and convicted. I can't remember how long he was sentenced to prison, but he did go to prison. I have to remember that it always gets worse, never better.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Pretzel,

How are you doing today?

I too am praying for you and your family and I wish you a very warm welcome to the site.

Steph (alcoholic)
Old 10-21-2007, 03:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your problems Pretzel,and reminding us all to stay vigilant.I would be devastated if something happened like that to me and hope that in time you can forgive yourself and that your family will too,in my prayers mate.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Bless you, Pretzel, and your family. I keep reading your story and thinking about you. Accidents can change one's life forever, and I know that my worst accidents, behavior and mistakes happen when under the influence. This is a grim reminder of that. Good luck to you and your family and please keep in touch.