Notices

Outpatient Help

Old 10-18-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Outpatient Help

Hi, I have a history of abuse, mainly narcotics and I have been hooked on the illicit use of methadone for the past 6 months. I steal it from my dad to keep my addiction going strong and now I am in fear of withdrawals. I am always running out of it, and at that time that is when I feel like I need to get help, but never follow thru. This time I actually called an outpatient facility mental health services about my addiction. I called an outpatient because I cannot afford to stay at a ten day rehab. Well tonight I am beginning to withdraw and I know that I will be worse tomorrow. My questions are, will this facility give me something for the withdrawals? Or will they try to get me to go to an inpatient facility to help me taper off? I really don't know what they will do. If this is too much to answer is there a link that can explain how they will treat me? If all they want to do is talk then I am afraid I don't even want to go thru with this tomorrow. Thank you for your time and sorry about the lengthy paragraph.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to SR!

I think you might want to check out this Forum

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/

for support and answers.

I just don't know ...as I have not been in your situation.
Good luck
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I don't have any experience either and I imagine treatment centers would differ from one another. I do understand how scary it is to face this and I hope you will get the help you need.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to our recovery community. I hope you are able to follow through with getting help. I know it's a frightening time, but it IS possible.
Please check out that link on substance abuse.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

:praying I have gone thru an outpatient program for my alcholism. when i went in first I had to have an intake conference. I am not sure about anybody else and how they run there program. What a great step that you have taken to even call a program. i am not sure what they are going to do but when I went in and had my conference they asked me alot of questions. Inpatient hard call. Will they give you something for you to go thru your withdraws is something that you may want to ask them. Going thru all of the counseling and questions they ask will be up to you on how they will procede. Please be honest with them, if you want the help they will give it to you. If you are not honest that means from my experiance that you are not honest with yourself. I have been there done that and only shareing my experince and hope. it is not easy and I wish you the best and I am here for you. I wish you the best and good luck on your recovery and let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR...

So glad you found us, keep posting...