SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Comin' home (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/134995-comin-home.html)

Snopup 10-18-2007 06:02 AM

Comin' home

As several of you know, my wife kicked me out in mid Augest after coming home with our daughters after I've been drinking. She told me to get my sh*t together and maybe she'll let me come back, after she's convinced that I'm serious of course.

Since then I've been going to AA several times a week and working and living the steps. I voluntarily installed an interlock device and have been taking vivitrol (a new medication to help with alcoholism, look it up for more info). We have also been going to counseling. Since my exit from my home, I've only slipped once when I was alone in my apartment, what can I say, I'm an alcoholic.

Nevertheless, My wife can see that I am serious; that I'm doing the right things and moving in a positive direction for our family. We've still been doing things together and our relationship has greatly improved. My relationship with my daughters also has greatly improved as well. The other day, after talking through what's going on my wife asked me to return. We throughly discussed how everything is going and our expectation of each other. We mutually agreed that I could return. I did not ask to return and wanted to make sure that she was comfortable about it. We did agree that if I we're to come home drunk again that I would leave perminately.

There is still a lot of work on both our parts as there were other issues not related to my drinking that are/were causing problems as well. We are still going to counseling and trying to use the tools she has given us.

I can say that for me, the support I receive from meetings and forums like this one, as well as working the program, have been the biggest help for my soberity. Though I've been in and out of AA for many years, I've never had the incentive to really WANT to quit as I do now, which is a great motivator. I've always known what to do, but I never really went for myself.

Anyways, I'm feeling great today! There are still going to be issues and problems that I'll be faced with in daily life. My wife and I are still going to argue. My kids and I are still not going to communicate (pre-teen girls). But that's life, a normal life, and TODAY I can deal with it.

It's good to be home.

wiscgirl30 10-18-2007 06:15 AM

Thats great snop! Hope it all works out. You are doing good. :)

Missymae737 10-18-2007 06:40 AM

Hi,

Looks like you are doing well...

Keep posting...

Rowan 10-18-2007 08:12 AM

It's good to see your family being restored, and that you are working hard at recovery. You never mentioned a sponsor in your post. Do you have one? Just wondering. :)

GlassPrisoner 10-18-2007 08:17 AM

Welcome home !

CarolD 10-18-2007 08:49 AM

:wow:
What good news!