SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Off to New York City (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/134888-off-new-york-city.html)

chicago 10-16-2007 05:31 PM

Off to New York City

Tommorow I'm flying to NYC to visit my step brother and some friends. This is a special moment in my life. I haven't left Chicago in 5 years and this is my first sober trip. I've been overwhelmed with joy the last few days. Some moments I've been emotional also. The journey of sobriety has been strange and amazing. The first 9 months when I was living in a halfway house I dreamed, hoped, and prayed that I would one day live an incredible life. That time has arrived and it's a beautiful thing. Words dont express my gratitude for this program and the freedom I'm experiencing right now. Hello New York....here I come!

Anna 10-16-2007 05:35 PM

Wow Chicago!

Have a fabulous and safe trip!

CarolD 10-16-2007 10:41 PM

Fantastic!
:a122:

Pilgrim 10-16-2007 10:48 PM

That's great news Chicago. The world is your oyster!!

Octoman 10-17-2007 01:09 AM

Wow Chicago, have a great trip.
You live in one of the worlds great cities and are visiting another - definitely my definition of amazing!

stone 10-17-2007 01:20 AM

Wonderful!

:c029:

calfritch 10-17-2007 01:48 AM

hey chicago - have a fantastic trip!! i'm going there with a friend in a month and can't wait. it will also be my first sober trip!!

indigo 10-17-2007 02:37 AM

Enjoy your trip it sounds exciting.

Tazman53 10-17-2007 04:28 AM

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves. The Promises

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.
Chicago obviously you have done the work brother, those simple 12 steps do work miracles if we work them!

Have a great trip.

Rusty Zipper 10-17-2007 04:33 AM

chicago... if ya feel like hop'n a train to CT... 1/2 hour from NYC...

pm me, perhaps we can hook up!

have a great time in the Big Apple...

and if ya can.. check out The Mustard Seed! (great meeting)

good wishes...

zip