Notices

Crash course in reality

Old 10-15-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crash course in reality

I was helping a friend today and a person he knew is an alchy. To sit there and watch this person sit on a bench at 1100 am and be totally smashed. My heart dropped. I felt so bad for this person. Knowing that I was not in that position but being an alchy myself. Then to see this person take a drink right there as he was saying I am not a bad guy, even hurt more. They were the same words i used to say to myself as i was drinking. Then to watch another person come up and ask if they want help and if he did they would help, but he must surrender to his problem. This too got me. My sponsor before he was my sponsor told me, That he say what I was doing to myself and that he was going to say something but didnt. After i was sober he then turned to me and said you cant tell a man what to do they must find it out for themselves or nothing will help them. It was a definate eye opener today and I thank my HP and all of my friends and family for there support or that could have been me and I pray for the good lord to help this person. Thank you for letting me share this one.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow that definitely would be hard to see. Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel your sadness. What touched me the most was ...he was saying "I am not a bad guy" How I remember feeling those feelings when I was active. (well..I'm a girl but you know what I mean.)

You can reach out, but sadly everyone needs to decide for themself that they have had enough.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

in the past people tried to 'force' me to get clean and sober and that just made me drink more or i would shrud it off and say 'whatever' so you definitely do have to decide for yourself to get help. hopefully he will come to that realization.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

"There but for the Grace of God...go I"

You have a wise sponsor!