Notices

It has now been 125 days and I still want to use!

Old 10-14-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It has now been 125 days and I still want to use!

I gave up a lot the day I found out I was pregnant..........never ever did I ever think let alone plan on getting pregnant at my age and at the stage of life that I am at.......But enough is enough I am so damn angry because I want that drink. I want to do the plate of coke and the smoke the bales of weed, the be able to laugh and play like I used to be able to do, I miss the attention and being the life of the party......I am tired of being alone ALL of the time. I have forcefully cut myself off from friends, family and associates.....leaving just me the baby and my animals, in a new location with no desire to MAKE NEW friends, just too tired.......hell tired of being trapped in the house, dr won't even let me go to meetings anymore, I am board, lonely( yes I know the difference), and the sims game is growing VERY old indeed..................just wa nt the old me back today...........I miss her cocky a**! When does it go away???? Even though I know I will never use again when does the want leave?????? My mouth is actually getting wetter thinking about a double shot of vodka and my hands started shaking.........it is so weird!!!!!!!!!!:sorry I just KNOW I am not willing to do this any more!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Katz, Just hang in there. Think about your baby. You don't want to hurt your baby. I know what you mean about the partying and having fun. I really miss it yet myself. So i have to remind myself what happen to make me want to stop and what its like now. I'm sober, i didn't wake up with a hangover today.

why doesn't your Dr. want you to go to meetings? I don't know much about pregnancy. i never had any children.

Do you have phone #'s you can call of people that you met at the meetings?

Definitely keep coming on here and posting and reading. There's also on-line AA meetings you can check out. That's what i do when i can't get to a meeting with my arm.

Just hang in there and don't pick up.

Barb
Old 10-14-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Pamm,

What about calling AA and having someone talk to you on the phone or come over and spend time with you? Are you on bed rest? That must be so hard. I know it's hard but you're going to have to reach out - it will only get harder when the baby comes, hon. Babies are joyful but when you're newly sober and isolated - well - it can be difficult. I hope you start making some calls and reach out and try to build a network of women for support in your area. Hang in there, Pamm.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank You Guys............Yeah I know, the phone, just tired of only that and the computer for interaction, yes I was placed on compleate bedrest almost 3 weeks ago..............I just finished up my last work week 2 weeks ago Thursday and I sware I am losing my mind!!!!!! I am having a lot of problems carrying the baby and they want me at home but I am not bad enough for nursing care yet.......thank god! I wasn't at meetings long enough to make valuable contacts so the one number I have is pretty much it...........lol I sit here and think how many times I have told others in the recovery the same words I can't see straight..........I actually volenteered my home for a small home group meeting ( the building they were using caught on fire) but it didn't work! Go figure! Sorry guys just feeling sorry formyself and wish the cravings would stop!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep talking about them, Pamm, just don't give it to them. You can do this.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

One # is better then none. I would call if i was you. If you tell her your situation she might come over with some other women.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ummmm actually it was a guy who wanted to ummm 13th step shall we say..........I gave the number to Paul...........lol
Old 10-14-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh, LOL. Well you can call you local AA office and talk to them. Maybe they can send a woman over to talk to you. Couldn't hurt to try. Especially being on bed rest.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, make a call, Pamm. :ghug3
Old 10-14-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

True will make the call in the am............. I am not talking to P anymore and I can tell.......... makes me wish that things didn't happen the way they did I miss my best friend!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well, I'm going now Pam. Got to my recycling ready for jimmy to take out for the garbage men tomorrow.

I'll be on latter tonight after the Sunday night shows. Hang in there.

Barb
Old 10-14-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So sorry that you are struggling Pam. I will give you my number and you can call if you want to. I would call the local intergroup number and I am sure someone would come over and spend some time with you. I would if you were close to me.

Hang in there. I try to remember that it is OK to want to use but not okay to use.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tanyapmc View Post
So sorry that you are struggling Pam. I will give you my number and you can call if you want to. I would call the local intergroup number and I am sure someone would come over and spend some time with you. I would if you were close to me.

Hang in there. I try to remember that it is OK to want to use but not okay to use.
LOL
watch out I have free long distance............lol

So not funny my cell phone rang in the middle of ME saying my vows....I answered it.....LOL
And I wonder why it ended in divorice....LOL Thanks Everyone!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Pamm

I'm new here and have thought about your post. I don't really know how to answer your questions.

You've come SO far already!!! I wish I could wake up tomorrow and be at 124+ days!!!

You have new life's to consider and you have been doing great from what I can tell, from the posts that I've read. I'm sure with your personality, that you don't need the drinks. You've posted far to many positive thoughts.

I've moved also in the past 5 years. After losing family and moving away from REAL friends, I can relate to the lonely feelings. 95% of the block I live on are single. They never come out and I couldn't tell you what they look like. I'm used to having friendly neighbors.

Anyway, aren't there groups for new mothers, get you out of the home, etc...that you can get involved in?

Susan
Old 10-14-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sorry you're going through a tough time and that you miss going out and having fun. My life changed when I got sober too, but I do have fun doing simple things, so I am lucky. Also, I do not miss the socializing at all. I do hope you feel better!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Wildkatz
Sorry to hear you are finding it tough right now. You are longer in sobriety than me so I cant really comment on whether it will get better. All I know is that you are doing a great job for all the right reasons and you should be proud of yourself. Hang in there!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SZQ32653 View Post
I'm new here and have thought about your post. I don't really know how to answer your questions.

You've come SO far already!!! I wish I could wake up tomorrow and be at 124+ days!!!

You have new life's to consider and you have been doing great from what I can tell, from the posts that I've read. I'm sure with your personality, that you don't need the drinks. You've posted far to many positive thoughts.

I've moved also in the past 5 years. After losing family and moving away from REAL friends, I can relate to the lonely feelings. 95% of the block I live on are single. They never come out and I couldn't tell you what they look like. I'm used to having friendly neighbors.

Anyway, aren't there groups for new mothers, get you out of the home, etc...that you can get involved in?

Susan
Thank You Susan and on your first day with us trying to listen to my problems.......lol Thank You I appreciate that a lot......I am a high risk pregnancy that has been forced into my bed by my Dr, my closest family member is my mom, she now lives over 200 miles away......sniff sniff, she is alost one of my closest friends...BTW all Got momma a computer...she and dad can only play solitary on it so far and write letters! go figure!!! I haven't had a chance to meet my neighbors due to the fact I am inside, I did meet the man across the way ( his wife works more hours than I ever did!!! Hardly ever see her!)......It will happen I am sure just not in the time frame I wish it could happen for me.......

Ma Anna I wish I could give you a huge hug! Keep on fighting honey!!!!!!

BTW heres a good one for you all...........one of the things I am stressing about is my Drs appointment. I go have another Ultrasound on Wensday.....They are almost positive they can sex the baby this week and want to know if I want to know........I am most torn!!!!!!!! Do I? Don't I?:praying
Old 10-14-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Either One Will be Beautiful

Male or Female...either way it will be a blessing!!! I don't know if I'd want to know or not. Either way, they will be a blessing!!! Get painting or something......Take care of yourself and your baby. If I was closer, I'd help. I Love a good project. Focus on the future!!

Susan
Old 10-14-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

And by the way.... My friend had two premmees...both 2 1/2 pounds at birth. They are both doing great!! and in their late twenties
Old 10-14-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank You, thank God this is a single pregnancy...........lol