Notices

Little advice

Old 10-12-2007, 03:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

It's different with different folks, hon.

You *are* going to a doctor, right?
Old 10-13-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
It's different with different folks, hon.

You *are* going to a doctor, right?
I came back from the ER yesterday, there wasn't much help from them on the physical symptoms, I fixed the shakes now with a shot of testosterone. I'll be getting on meds and real help soon, tonight has that feeling where I don't want to return to alcohol at all, except that's really only a conscious thought and I want to be back on something to scratch out the awful silence that's around me. As bad as it was shaking, I could always find something to get distracted with until I stopped, went to bed and then it was like all the energy got sucked out. The best way I could describe it is the feeling you get when someone's died and you're trying everything you can to start wrecking all the glasses.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

When I couldn't imagine life with or without alcohol, that's when I came to AA and surrendered to alcohol and the program of recovery. What I found were people just like me who had experienced what I was experiencing. I made many friends and continue to make friends. When we are drowning, we climb into the last life boat available, and for me it was AA. I had to stay sober long enough to get sober. I was told that it gets better. And I have found that to be true daily.