Notices

Two days sober so far!! :-)

Old 10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Smile Two days sober so far!! :-)

Hi everyone

Yup, instead of coming in here like I usually do to complain about what a horrible hangover I'm experiencing, I'm actually here to say that I am two days sober so far and will be shooting for a third tommorow!. Tons of prayer, a little Naltrexone and just being so SICK TO DEATH of the debilitating, mind-bending, earth-splitting, head-rattling hangovers that I HAD to quit.

Also, it's been tough on my best freind, tough on my health and tough on my wallet.

Alcohol sucks if your geneticaly predisposed to becoming an alcoholic.

ANYWAY...2 DAYS!!

- Need4Change
Old 10-07-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job! Keep on keeping on!

When I was an apprentice,I had a journeyman that used to say: "It ain't no step for a stepper." keep on steppin!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

great going! keep it up. no hangovers feel great. angie
Old 10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is awesome!! One day at a time...
Old 10-07-2007, 11:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Super!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all

Strange...I laid in bed from about 11:00PM last night to 2:34AM this morning in sort of a limbo-like half awake/half asleep state. At some point I fell asleep for about 10 minutes and had some weird dream (can't remember what it was about now). I guess this is insomnia produced by my third day without alcohol?. How long does that usually last?. Anyway, I did finally get up (with some anxiety) and took an Ativan and surfed the web for a bit, checked email, read the news, etc. Then (and I NEVER do this sort of thing) I was starving to death so I went into the kitchen (it was now about 3:40AM) and made myself a huge plate of biscuits and gravy and had juice and coffee with it. I even made the dog biscuits and gravy...lol. What the heck has gotten into me?...lol. More energy from being sober for a change?.

- Need4Change
Old 10-08-2007, 02:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fantastic keep on keeping on you're rocking now.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Way to go!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

glad ya didnt slam that door shut need4

good wishes to ya!

xxoo, rz
Old 10-08-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Need4 - Congratulations! Sounds like you are going great! I relapsed for one day, so I am working on day 2 with you - let's stick together, I need all the support I can get! And, yeah, the dreams are normal...but biscuits and gravy at 3:40 am?! I don't know if that's "normal" or not, but it sure sounds good!!!!! Hope you enjoyed every morsel of it - and puppy did to! Keep up your good work!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
let it grow!

way to go, need4! support to ya, and hugs - k
Old 10-08-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

"How long does that usually last?"

I just quit last week. Didn't sleep for days. Then Friday night I went to bed and slept 10 straight hours! Same thing Saturday night and last night. I feel great.

Don't know if that's the typical length of time, but I hope it is for you.

Biscuits and gravy? Mmmmmm.....

Keep up the good work!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and thanks for all the GREAT support!.

Well, continuing the "saga", I ended up popping an Ativan at about 4:30AM and by 5:30AM I was out like a light and slept for 5 hours straight. I woke up feeling pretty good but as the morning drug on and I scurried about the house doing chores and such, I could feel myself sweating the poison out and felt pretty lousy but I didn't experience any cravings or anything I would consider "withrawal symptoms".

Then at about 3:30PM this afternoon, I began drinking again after being sober for two days. I really didn't have any craving, I just kind of felt like...well...I wanted a beer!. So by about 5:30PM I had consumed 4 beers and they didn't even taste good, I wasn't getting anything out of them and in fact, I was feeling kind of sick so I threw the fifth beer out and ate dinner. Mind you, I have been on Naltrexone for several days.

Anyway, I'll take more Naltrexone tommorow now because it makes me NOT want to drink which is good!. Right now I feel like crap though. Either because of the Naltrexone, the beer I drank or the withdrawal (I swear...I don't know what symptom is connected with what anymore I get so confused but I'm still trying to get off this horrible alcohol beast.

- Need4Change
Old 10-08-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
believer

Hey...My pills make me sick too..I am glad you're staying strong..I guess its part of the many side effects..Some pills eventually stop causing side effects as the body gets used to it, others don't..But i am sure glad you are positive..Glass hath full theory always makes things more real..

Take care...!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hey n4c, havent been on too much so i missed your recent sobriety. good job! you were really in a rut before, agonizing over the vicious hold your addiction had on you. good on you to make a change. keep up the positive behaviors!

when i have cravings, i try to remember all the ill-effects my past addiction had on me. helps me to remain strong and over time, has made me stronger.

make sure you keep us posted on your recovery!

btw... are biscuits and gravy good for your dog?!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I have a purpose today.

Great to hear you have 2 days... I have 3 very long days. It seems so hard to get back this time.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

be careful drinking with ativan. I have also been told that benzos (ex. ativan) are like a drink in pill form.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey Need4- Good job on shutting down the drinking and getting back on the sober train.

We can do this together! Your posts on this thread sound like they are coming from an entirely different person...not the person who used to post all hungover and raging against his disease,but from a person who is positively going to change and as my wise friend Chiy puts it, "take this journey to sobriety, knowing that along the way, $hit is going to happen".

Hugs to you