Notices

I am this close!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank God you made it, Trish. When are you going to another meeting?
Start banking them - keep building that foundation, and it'll hold fast.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yay!!! I'm so happy you made it another day.

Barb
Old 10-08-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Jerzy007

Phenonenal Chiy!! You inspire me by getting through that craving. i smoked on Friday night and have been strong enough, through Gods grace, to not give in to the obsession these last two days. I'v gone to a meeting in the last 2 days and got a new sponsor who is going to guide me through the via the "BAck to Basics" formula-written by Wally P.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yea..I feel great now...
I havent had an urge like that in a loooong time. And I have never had an urge I didnt satisfy.
That was really hard to do. I am not even going to lie.
That was the most miserable feeling I have ever felt.
Like having a big itch that wont go away and cant itch it.
I can't believe I didnt cave.
I am dead serious. If I had money I would have. And I will be the first one to say I did ask to borrow some..But like I said..I made it known to my whole family..So they knew and didnt come off with nothing. Thank goodness.
I thanked them all the next day.
I really do hope now that I have beat the urge from hell for the first time that it wont be so hard the next time.
Rowan...The meeting was OK..But I dont think they are for me. At least not AA ones.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
To Life!

That's fantastic, Chi!!!
Telling on yourself helped save yourself. You didn't get the money.
You did something different.
And it worked.

You said nothing was working.
But, it DID work, didn't it?

Just keep on doing things differently than you did when you were using.
That's how I quit smoking cigarettes after 36 years. Not quite the same thing, but, I honestly do remember those monster cravings where I wanted nothing but a butt.
Posting helps. Get out the anxiety that builds during those urges.
But, whatever you do, don't use.

You can get through this. You just proved it to yourself. No matter what happens, you don't have to use!

Shalom!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

((( miss chiy )))
Old 10-09-2007, 05:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

You made it! This too shall pass - keep praying, keep bathing (! I find that helps!) sleep as much as you can - and for me, being able to link up with other addicts at meetings just lifts the load. And it DOES pass, and you can be so proud of yourself. The Lord does hear us - every little prayer. He is there with you.

Cathy31
x
Old 10-09-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

I'm proud of you Trish. Like it was said, you did do something different. You did the next right thing. Remember that for the next time it hits.

I wish that the meeting went better for you. I think you would just take off like gangbusters with a little face to face support, and you would have someone to call when you needed too.

Big hugs,

Karen
Old 10-10-2007, 04:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Well Now I have Fridays off whicj is the only night they have NA by me. So I am going to check that out next week.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good job on resisting, you know when I was early in my recovery my network was the best thing going, calling a friend in recovery made all the difference in the world for me. To talk to someone who knew exactly what I was feeling helped a lot and the neatest part is I could call any of them any time day or night and they were there for me. If I had tried to do it alone again I would have wound up drunk again.

You said you went to one meeting? The first time you used did you just use it one time before it worked (Not knowing your DOC it may have worked the first time) or did you keep going back until you got what you wanted? If you didn't like the AA meeting you went to try an NA meeting or a different AA meeting, each meeting is just like a person, totally different personality.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey Trish,

I'm glad you're going to check out an NA meeting - like Karen said, I think you would be off like gangbusters with some face to face support.
It's so good to see you resisting the urges.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Chiy -

Glad you are hangin' in there. I was reading through different forums and posts and yours really hit home for me. I was major crack addict and had almost 2 years clean, relapsed for a week, and now have almost 8 months.

I read on another post here that "having support makes it hard to use ..very hard" and I truly believe that. Even when I relapsed (and lost everything I'd worked so hard for 2 years to get), the high couldn't completely take away how much I was hating myself for what I was doing. I honestly don't think I would have been out a week if some idiot didn't have control of my car and it took that long to get it back.

Now, when I get stressed I STILL have thoughts of getting high and forgetting my problems for a little while, but I know how much I will hate myself for it and it's just not worth it anymore.

I'm really glad you posted how you're feeling 'cause I have those days, too. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Amy