Notices

I am so ashamed- I drank

Old 10-07-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

One bad day in two months is a better position to be in than you were two months ago.Next time you will be better prepared,glad you are more positive now.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jomey, thank you for being so courageous to post about what happened. Hugs to you and here's to a new day.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you because I know the pain of remorse, shame, and disappointment of waking up and saying "OH NO, I drank yesterday." I have been there. It is very painful, but it is not the end of the world. What really counts is the fact that you picked yourself back up and are here trying again. Don't beat yourself up...it will keep you in a bad mindset and could be a slippery slope. Go to that meeting and reach out just as you have done here.

I'm so glad you reached out. Today is a new day.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
simplysober

what a lesson you have to help you stay on program now! sometimes i think its like testing the waters- and then the reality hits- there ARE sharks in that water! lol
dont beat yourself up- just get out of the water and stay on the boat again- you have done great and i agree with all the other posters that those sober days are not lost at all!
hang in there
hugs
maria
Old 10-07-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey guys, Thanks for all the support...I feel more hopeful as the day goes on and the shame is fading a bit that I didn't lose anything, but gained the important lesson. I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for you guys! I am going to a meeting later (not many to pick from around here on a Sunday - wish it was earlier, but what can ya do?) Thanks again guys...all the encouragment is really helping! Hugs to everyone!
Old 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Jomey, Thanks you for telling us. Just don't beat yourself up about it. Today is another day. A new day. I've had a lot of false starts this summer myself. But I haven't given up trying. That's the trick. Don't give up trying. Today is Day 15 for me and after my last bad drunk i wrote it all down to remember. When I get a craving I pull it out to see what could happen to me if i pick up again.

Keep fighting the fight. We're all rutting for you.

Barb
Old 10-07-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Originally Posted by scaredykat View Post
Keep fighting the fight. We're all rutting for you.

Barb
Barb, stop that right now!!!! Thanks for the laugh!! You have the cuteist froydian slips.

Anyhow, to Jomey,

I drank too, and now I am where I need to be, in a sober house in another state.

Remember, It could always be worse.

Thank God we both made it back.

Ted
Old 10-07-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jomey! Here's what I'd have done the day after....

...slept 'til noon, not given myself time to feel remorse 'cause I would have grabbed a beer or anything alcoholic for my "hair of the dog" solution to a hangover. Then the cycle would have started over again for another day/month/year. Jomey you got up early, faced it dead-on, felt regret, and got right back on the bus! You are so much further along than you think. The path is treacherous - you veered off but you're back on! Congratulations. And thanks for giving all of us this reminder. Love, Joanie
Old 10-07-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Barb, You said, "thanks for telling us". That means SO much. That is just true support, with no judging, no strings, no nothing. I am so grateful to you and everyone else here for all your support today. I am ready to keep going on my journey because of you guys. I also wrote everything down this morning in my journal. How awful- but effective.

Groucho - Don't be grouchy! Let Barb do all the rutting she wants! Seriously, thank God we both made it back. I am so glad you are where you need to be, and we are here together, going forward.

Hevyn, Thanks for all the support and love. Your post really made me feel better about myself and my progress. I was ready to slip back into bad thought patterns (Like I'm a worthless, out of control drunk) and you made me realize that is not the case.

Love to all you guys! Thanks for being here. I can't say truly enough that I don't know where I would be right now if it wasn't for you all helping me through this day and waiting for a meeting to start. Your friendship, love and support are priceless!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Resentment Building

Good on you for sharing.

Go to a meeting - identify as Day 1 - everyone will clap and give you lots of support after the meeting. It's all good !

I busted for 6 months after 5 months of Sobriety. It was in this 6 months bust period for me that the message got sent from head to me heart. I gained acceptance and gave in to the disease. been sober since. It was the bust I had to have. Hopefully you have had yours now too.

Good luck !
Old 10-07-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Jomey...I don't believe in 'the relapse we had to have' theory...

nevertheless there's always good things to be pulled from a mis-step...you got straight back on the horse and, as Hevyn suggested, that's not the normal thing for us guys to do. I used to go into remorse spirals of drinking after I failed....we're not hopeless or useless. We're addicted...and those new skills to cope with life sober take time to grow. Be vigilant, but be gentle with yourself too, hey ?...

Slips ups also help reinforce how persuasive and pervasive this alcohol thing is.
Looking back now I bet you see clear as day you didn't need that chanpagne to celebrate at all but I know....it *gets* ya...that one moment of doubt, of
"could I....?"

No, we can't. LOL

I'm sorry it did get you, but I'm so glad you're still here....and you're still doing those double thank yous so the angels are still on your side, sweetie

D
Old 10-07-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yes, I think the angels are still on my side, Dee, and I am very glad you are too!! Along ith everyone else here...you're right...I didn't need that champagne, and the celebration actually could have continued today without it...instead...today was a crap day, but I am off to my meeting now...and back on the horse! No looking back...only forward! Thanks for another ride on those angels wings of yours, Dee!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hope you have a great meeting! Today is the first day in your book and the rest is unwritten.
Forward we go...
Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Jomie......sounds like you have quit beating yourself up. I am happy about that.