Notices

Sigh..I thought this was supoose to get easier

Old 10-06-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Chiynita, Just keep fighting the fight. I am. I agree it is hard. Very hard. If we keep doing what were supposed to, we'll make it.

Barb
Old 10-07-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Chiy, having a bad day, but just wanted to say, hang in there. Keep doing what you are doing. You're in my prayers.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

people places and things! id be in a bad spot if i were in the cop spot too! its extremely important to avoid being in the cop spot as much as humanly possible. do you have a sponsor, work steps, and making meetings? the people i know who struggle in this program usually arent doing all three. ive had bad days in sobriety but ive never once had an urge to drink or drug...which is strange for a guy who came in with $100 a day heroin habit. my only reasoning behind it is because i immediately got a sponsor, worked steps, and made meetings straight out the starting gate.

this is a misconeception that if you dont drink and make meetings you're working a program...but AA is a 12-step program...not a 12-meeting program. steps MUST be worked with a sponsor to get any results.

hang in there....one minute at a time if you have to.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's a double whammy.

First, all the wreckage from our past catches up with us.

Second, we no longer have anything to numb out feelings.

Combine that with the physical aspects of de-tox and early sobriety is a hell of a ride.

Chi, remember the promises, especially the 10th step ones. "We have quit fighting...." and then later on " "The (drink/drug) problem does not exsist for us...."

You are going to meetings, aren't you ? This can't be done alone. Will power is of no avail, and eventually you will get tired of fighting and give in. Or, just maybe, you'll get really beat up.....
Old 10-08-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober But Struggling

Deleting all links to this site so that my husband does't find out. Oh gosh. Why isn't anyone in chat. I want to talk to someone now. I can't call freinds. Freinds have lost all hope in me. Except one. And I only call her when I'm drunk. Duh.
I wanted to call her this past week. But, felt that she would just think. "Oh, I've heard this before." She is polite and never says so. But, I know she is disappointed in me.
I have been in distress since I woke and did not have the nearve to post. Oh my "What have I done".
It feels awful being sober, But, Guilt sets in when I am drunk. Whoa is me.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Gottaquit - I'd make that call. Hand in there.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Chiy,

I agree with Anvilhead...The moment we truly surrender to our addictions and WORK on achieving sobriety, no matter what, life does get easier...

You can do this Chiy....