Notices

Pray for me

Old 10-06-2007, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pray for me

I'm a very simple person from ky, and have a serious problem. I drink around a half a gallon of vodka a day just to feel normal within a few hours of not drinking i get extremely nauseated and can barely speak. Im try to slowly ween myself off but it dosent seem to be doing much good. the only thing i know to do is put this in gods hands and hopfully he can help me.. there are 2 people i love in this world and thats my family and god and my family has caught a harsh chewing from me lately and i just want all this to end as far as my being alcohol dependent. ive been to the doctor and they have gave me perscription after perscritpion and yet no relief i just hope that if there is anyone out there that understand the predicuement im in they can atleast keep me in there prayers
Old 10-06-2007, 01:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR it's really possible to stop drinking and if you are causing disharmony in your family and have seen your doctor, you have already admitted you have a problem. Have you got a program? you have us already. To stop drinking you must want it for yourself, I hope you do. Keep posting we are here to listen to you and help out where we can.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In my prayers blu,don't give up.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,

There is hope in recovery...You can do this...

Thinking of you...
Old 10-06-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you. keep posting and know that recovery is possible. blessings, k
Old 10-06-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi!
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Have a nice day.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Blu

Welcome to SR!

I am really glad you found us. You are taking steps in the right direction. Please stay with the path to sobriety, you are worth it.

I suggest you go back to your doctor, ask him or her to help supervise you and monitor you during a detox (weaning off alcohol) for the early days. This can be unsafe if you try it alone.

After the vodka is out of your system, you will need support. For me, AA is working and I feel great. Turning this problem over to god is a great step that I take each and every day. We alcoholics nned other recovering alcoholics to remind us to do these sim[ple things on a daily basis, because we have habits in our minds that are quite powerful, cunning and baffling and those habits of the mind may tell us that its okay to drink. Its not okay, I need to rememeber this.

Thank you for sharing with us today and please do stick with your plan.

we are rooting for you!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...Prayers coming your way

I too am a simple person.
Sooo....I suggest a short term medical de tox
then long term committment to AA.

I do use God and AA for support and comfort
Works great for me!

Welcome to SR...
Old 10-06-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard bluxx011 ! I just sent that prayer up for you! I'm pretty new to this recovery thing myself. You have found a great place for help and support. Keep reading,posting, and praying!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'll keep you in my prayers. Find a recovery program such as AA. Work that recovery program like you life depends on it. Grab on and don't drink no matter what.

Talk to your doctor about a medically supervised detox. Alcohol withdrawals can be life-threatening.

Glad you're here.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Welcome blu, I remember feeling like you do right now, like it was yesterday. Please don't give up on quitting, I agree with Carol, you need to do a short term detox, inpatient. There you can get medication if necessary. I was also a very heavy Vodka drinker, I couldn't detox alone, I was so sick...soooo sick for a week, but after that, I began to feel a little better every day. I look back on how I felt when I was detoxing...it is one of the many things that helps to keep me sober, I never have to feel that way again...if I just don't pick up the first drink. You only have to go through detox once.....then you never have to feel that way again!!!

Good luck, Cathy
Old 10-06-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks

i feel that i have found a place with people to relate with so this should help my recovery process i havent drank as much today as usual. Some how i woke up this morning and just told myself that i wasnt going to drink as heavy and i belive that the people that have listened to me on here have gave me hope! i thanks everyone that remembered me!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Bluxx, we are praying for you. You might need medical help. Please don't be ashamed to seek it. You are worth it!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i am praying for you too. we are all here for the same reason, we all need help. keep reaching out, and your answer will come. angie
Old 10-06-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You are in my prayers!