Notices

New Here

Old 10-05-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here

Hi, I'm 22 and an alcoholic. Today is my first day sober, after about 6 years of binging. Last night I ended up in the projects of my town, passed out on an anthill. I had no idea where I was and I had been robbed. This is probably the twentieth time this has happened. Some one found me and called my parents, whom didn't know of this about me. It's all out in the open now, and they're really sad. I feel terrible. I can't stop drinking when I start, and also usually end up doing drugs. I'm late to work and miss class all the time. I'm ready for a change. At least 70 percent of my income goes to bars and liquor stores. All I really want right now is a beer. This sucks.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, hang in there. It's tough to not drink, but it can be done.

Give it your best shot.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey QT
My name is Dave P and im an Alcoholic!!!!!!
I first came into AA at about age 29 and I was not ready.
I drank & druged for another 16 years & put myself and others that loved me through HELL!!!!
I can`t help but think about where I could be if I could have got into the program back then.

Do yourself a favor & try atleast 90 meetings in 90 days, Stick with the winners of the program, get a sponsor & start working the steps.

Don`t be afraid to ask for help!!
Yes... Do all the things I did not do the first time around & you can have so much more in your life when you wake up and old fart at 45 like me.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hi QT, welcome to SR It sounds like you made a great start with all those admissions. Have a look around here especially and the sticky's at the top of the forums plenty of info and support, help me to find help and save me from more of the same, hospitals prisons and the death I knew was coming.

Keep close to here and kep posting.

Its only today you have to focus on, one day at a time.

Do you have any support or a program?

Kevin
Old 10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are here seeking answers. Life without alcohol is so much better.
Have you checked into AA? You'll find lots of support there
and right here at SR as well.
Stick around and keep posting!
We're here for you!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Is A Girl

first few days will be the hardest, but it does get easier! that doesnt mean in 3 years time you wont think "dayum i want a drink" but you'll be so proud when you pull through it and you'll feel a lot healthier and have more money as well! i only gave up a few weeks ago so if you ever wanna chat about it feel free to PM me

Love,
Max x
Old 10-06-2007, 02:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

Hiya quittin'time,
Well done for your 1st day of sobriety I know your probably feeling crappy, i did too and as i've only been sober 12 days i still do at times but those times lessen as time goes on, plus being sober also helps deal with these emotions rather than ocver them up with booze. It's a great learning process. Have you been in touch with A.A.? For me personally they have been the backbone of my sobreity. I'm only 20, young like yourself, but through A.A. and S.R. i have met other young people in my situation which really helps, esspecially if you are at uni and surrounded by the whole booze binging crowd lol. Hope you make it mate, Good luck, keep posting and let us know how u get on
Old 10-06-2007, 04:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done for wanting to tackle it at a young age.I had numerous incidents and shrugged it off,some people can't listen to advice.As Sunshinekid says tackle it now and you can avoid many wasted years.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sr...

Keep posting, we are here for you...
Old 10-06-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi!
Congratulations on your first sober day.
Welcome! This is a great place and the people here are really understanding and often have good advice.
Take care.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 10-06-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi....the quicker you quit drugging and drinking
the easier it will be to find
health and success in your future.

Ask your doctor for suggestions and be honest
about your drinking and drug use.

I too suggest AA because it's an awesome adventure.

Welcome to SR....
Old 10-06-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, QT I am so excited for you. Recognizing this problem at 22 and opening up about it is the best thing you could do for yourself! WOooooooooooo-HOoooooooooooooooo!!!!! I was 24 when I entered recovery. I am now 35 and life is beautiful...(and a lil secret - it get's better every day! I am not kidding!!!) Remember to stay in the NOW - I just mentioned this in another thread, but "One Day at Time" may be a bit overwhelming so try one MOMENT at time - you can do this. After all...

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a Gift....
That's why we call it the "Present"
Old 10-06-2007, 08:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

QT-

Well done! You found SR. You went looking for help. That is step one in my book - to acknowledge that you have a problem, to feel that disappointment and shame, and to NOT DRINK to make all those bad feelings go away! GOOD FOR YOU! You are very young and are among friends here. Get yourself into some sort of rehab, clinic, AA, whatever you can that will help - not everything works for everyone. Find what works for you. Trust yourself. Love yourself. Keep posting! Keep reading people's stories here. It is a wonderful outlet, and you may be able to gain insight into the "whys" of your drinking. But in any event, welcome - you did a brave thing.