Notices

Naltrexone...

Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Naltrexone...

has anyone been on it? also known as ReVia Cads ( community drugs and alcohol have made me a appointment to see their doctor after I have a blood test ( shudder!! I either vomit or pass out when I have bloods taken was terrible when I was pregnant! ) and the appointment is 11 this Tuesday morning the problem is I have no fuel and its 40 minute drive away and I cant get any money as theres no money in the account till wednesday
Old 10-05-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If Chris won't give you money...you do need the car for emergencies for the kids after all....borrow some money from the friends coming over sweetie.

I know...it sucks. But you need to get to CADS. Not to mention meetings.

D
Old 10-05-2007, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

huggs Dee dont worry Ill be there even taking the dreaded blood test but Ill get there one way or another
:0)
Old 10-08-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
vinividivici

naltrxone is similar to campral and im on that and it is working MIRACLES i havent had caravings at all for almost two weeks...no side effects for me either i just cant believe after 10 years a pill is helping when nothing else did...i wished i had seen a psychiatrist sooner,my family md did not "believe" i am alhoholic because consequences are not external...i drank alone at home so no dui,no lost job etc but oh my the hangovers and vomiting and blackouts...how much proof does one need and yet i too did not fully believe.this drug has kept me from even THINKINK about drinking i am amazed! it doesnt work for everyone,though...but worth a try
Old 10-09-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
vinividivici

today is day 14...i am still upset by the usual things but not thinking of drinking...thank yoou God!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
vinividivici

2 weeks

still the same person but not thinking of drinking at all even though there are many reasons and oportunities...upset about the usual things but somehow not needing or wanting to drink...thank you God,campral and support groups.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
believer

Congrats vini...i am confident you will vici...

God bless you Angie....
Old 10-09-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Vivitrol

I started taking Vivitrol about 5 weeks ago which I think is the same as Naltrexone. It's actually a shot you get once a month. I got my second one on 9/27. I feel like it's really working. When I imagine taking a shot of whiskey I don't get that same warm, fuzzy feeling in my belly. I think that's a good sign.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile Me too

Congratulations! I am on Vivitrol too. It is the 30 day shot version of Naltrexone. I have to be honest in that I am sitting here writing this as my wife is having a glass of wine across the room. I could care less. Therapy has been an asset and I find it most helpful in talking success.